• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heat Pad for Albert?

FluffyBun

Warren Scout
Just been looking at the Snugglesafe heat pads online as Albert is now 5, and will be in an unheated shed over winter. Have never bothered before as my buns are angoras and usually in full coat over the worst part of winter but as he's getting older, it is worrying me a bit.

Anyone use heat pads and would you recommend them?

:wave: I use them and I have 3 buns...I always put them in during the winter...sometimes they use them and other times not...I make sure that they have enough room about them to enable the buns to have a choice of laying on them or not...so either have 2 bedroom areas...or a large one so the heat pads are not filling up the only bedroom area they have. I feel better putting them in...whether the buns mind Im not sure..I know some people have never used them with their outdoor buns...but I feel that if they had a burrow it would be about 10 degrees...so alot warmer than the ground temps we feel....personally I feel better that they have the option.:love:

I have heat pads for my elderly bunnies. My two do use them quite a lot, I often find them sat on them (obviously with hay over the top)!

I use them :) well.. Lola does! Donny ignores them mainly, but Lola loves them :D

On Amazon they are about £13 :p

I popped some heat pads in last night as it was bitterly cold...for me anyways! lol! and this morning I can see little indentations...so I reckon "some" time was spent laying on the hay pilled on top of them :)

We use heat pads (ive actually just given them one now as its cold and wet) they're great!

I thgink, if nothing else, they're peace of mind for us bunny mummies :D

Well Albert's had his Snugglesafe a couple of nights now, and I found some Megazorb stuck to it this morning, so he must have had a go! It is giving me a bit of peace of mind. Will buy then for the other two buns, soon.

I use them for any elderly, poorly or special needs bunnies that may be staying with me.

Estelle and Frankie have their OWN settee adorned with blankies and toys in THEIR conservatory................................:roll::shock::lol::oops::oops::love::love:

I was just about to post a thread about snugglesafe as I have just ordered one for my elderly bun who is alone this winter for first time. I was assuming you cover it with a layer of hay so good to read that is what people do.

Back