• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie is confused.

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
I think that she thinks that she is a cat. This is hilarious........ I picked up a squeaking mouse on a wand for the cats as I was taking it off the cardboard that it came on Julie jumped out and started chasing it everywhere and playing with it. She is attracted to the squeaking and will chase it and grab at it. It is too funny. Now I can't give it to the cats though. I volunteer at a cat rescue/retirement home. It has cat nip in it. Wonder if she likes that. She had a cat mouse when she was a baby and played with that a lot.

Really? Catnip is mosquito repellent? :shock: I never knew that! I'll have to buy extra and stuff my pockets with it next season. (And my three cats will be attacking me at every turn! :lol: )
So funny about Julie though. But I'm not sure catnip is safe for bunnies. Has she ever swallowed any of it?
I have a dog who takes great interest in the feathered cat toys and so I have to be VERY careful she doesn't get hold of them. Couldn't afford the multiple surgeries she'd need to get them out of her tum! :(

Really? Catnip is mosquito repellent? :shock: I never knew that! I'll have to buy extra and stuff my pockets with it next season. (And my three cats will be attacking me at every turn! :lol: )
So funny about Julie though. But I'm not sure catnip is safe for bunnies. Has she ever swallowed any of it?
I have a dog who takes great interest in the feathered cat toys and so I have to be VERY careful she doesn't get hold of them. Couldn't afford the multiple surgeries she'd need to get them out of her tum! :(

I did look it up. It said that catnip is not poisonous to rabbits in the fresh state but dried might be too concentrated and could upset their tummies. The mouse toy that she had as a baby did not have catnip. The mouse toy that she played with today is on a wand that I move for her. I would never let her play with it on her own though to be on the safe side. It squeaks which I think she likes but the OH says she thinks it is food. ha ha
Catnip doesn't work too well on the skin as a repellent but should work good in your pockets. It is suppose to also be good planted along the house to repel termites.

Aww she sounds adorable! :love:

I'm convinced that my Barnaby is half dog - He sheds hair everywhere, steals and begs for food he's not supposed to, loves ear scratches and pees on the couch! :lol:

Back