• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird Habit...

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Little Miss has developed a strange habit.
The bunnies (Little Miss and her husbun BB) have the use of my whole bedroom and there is a 3ft by 1ft tray with a litter tray in it, a bridge and hay for the bunnies to use.No top, or door, just the bottom half of the cage.They hop in and out whenever.
Shes taken to pushing the hay behind the bridge then using the whole tray (not the litter tray) as a litter tray.
Im doing a full clean every day.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I thought maybe a bigger litter tray is needed.The hay is for eating obviously and she doesnt want to popp and piddle on it maybe???

Thats what my bunny Mozart does! Well, i think it might be what you mean.... Anyway, he has a small triangular litter box in the corner of his very large cage and it was the right size when he was a baby but now he's grown to almost double the size. When he sits in it, half of him is over the litter box when he eats hay from the rack so all of the poops miss the litterbox :roll:. I'm currently building him a large indoor wooden rabbit hutch with a bigger litter tray so it should solve the problem. :D

Back