• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chrisi has a runny eye again:(

Tonya

Alpha Buck
After the teeth extraction Chrissy's eye has those glue-like tears again...She was for months on antibiotics, how can this happen:( I hope the infection of the bone isn't back! Weird thing is that the runny eye is the one that wasn't runny in the beginning...:cry::cry:She is eating, pooping beautifully and runs quite a lot, she even started to eat a little hay again:( I booked her for this afternoon in the clinic. And to top it, due to an unexpected break-up with my quite long-term boyfriend I had to pay the whole rent of the flat and I am very short on money...so cross your fingers that it is all ok! Any vibes will come out handy!

thanks for the vibes! We saw our vet today, and she said that her runny eye now and the previous bone infection, which was causing the same symptom two months ago were not related. She thinks some of her fur, or some dust went deeper in the eye, she flushed her eye-channels and prescribed eye drops. I'm still worried but according to the vet it is not scary.
Chrissy is fine, and currently she's making me company on the bed. It is her favorite playground:love:

Glad she's okay now :love: Poppy had her tear duct flushed today and already her eye is loads better. It's nice when it isn't all gunky for them isn't it :love:

yeah it is quite a relief when the eyes are clean again..let's hope it will happen soon for us as well:love:

Back