• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neighbours and their Rabbits.

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
So picture the happy scene, this evening there I was running up and down my garden with Bun chasing me back and forth binkying about and flopping out every now and then, we were both having great fun. That was until I went to the end of my garden (it goes uphill) and looked over into the neighbours garden which backs onto ours and I noticed a new addition a poor little black and white Bun stuck in one of those rubbishy double hutches. The poor Bun was looking well bored. I couldnt see anything close enough but could see he had some water.
What can I do? I mean I dont ever talk to these neighbours and where I live isnt the nicest part of town and a lot of the neighbours have chips on their shoulders and dont like being criticised. I was thinking of going foraging and may be knocking and saying I noticed they had a Bun and did they want any of the stuff? Its so rubbish.

I was thinking of going foraging and may be knocking and saying I noticed they had a Bun and did they want any of the stuff?
I think that's a great idea :thumb:
No point going in all guns blazing, start off a nice note and hopefully you'll get to the point where you can offer some friendly advice.

that's a really nice way of starting a conversation! if they cut you dead, at least you know you've tried. and if it goes well, and you employ a similar emotionally-intelligent approach, you might really improve that bunny's life. seeing you play out with Bun will help them, too.
many hugs to you, you bunny lover!!!

Thanks guys!I hope it goes well, Im off on Thursday and Friday so will probably do it then. Im hoping that if I can get offer them things occasionally I will at least make the Buns life a little better and hopefully they will notice me and Bun playing in the garden and will let their rabbit out!I even have a run I could lend them if they wanted to borrow it but I will see how my other idea goes first!

My neighbour has two bonded buns in a four foot long, ancient hutch which has had no roofing felt on it for ages and I feel so bad about it. She has just got two large breed puppies and her one cat has turned into more cats than I can count. She has offered to give me the buns before... But I refused as realistically, I didn't want to risk the health if my own or have the vet fees etc as I felt that was unfair on my own. I still feel guilty and bad about it.

I dread to think how often they are cleaned out etc. They are just in a point in the garden I can't quite see, which makes it worse, somehow.

In her head she thinks she is " rescuing" animals but I'm willing to bet none of them are vaccinated, etc.

Make some toys for them and then go round and say, 'I was making some toys for my bun and I noticed you now have one too- so I thought I would bring these round'. You could pass on some back issues of Rabbiting On or enquire to see if they want a vet recommended. Go for the softly softly approach.

Back