• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow bridge....

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Do people not visit it often. I'm quite shocked on how little posts you get in rainbow bridge :cry:

I wonder why? I'm not moaning or asking for replies.. Just curious.

Do people not go into that section because it's too upsetting? I know myself I didn't because they make me cry but I will now because I think people need support in that area of the forum the most!

Pondering over!

Do people not visit it often. I'm quite shocked on how little posts you get in rainbow bridge :cry:

I wonder why? I'm not moaning or asking for replies.. Just curious.

Do people not go into that section because it's too upsetting? I know myself I didn't because they make me cry but I will now because I think people need support in that area of the forum the most!

Pondering over!

I think a lot of people avoid it for the very same reason you did, they find reading the threads to be too upsetting. I always try to post on RB threads as I know how much it can help when trying to cope with the loss of a much loved Rabbit.

I hate to admit it but I do sometimes avoid looking in that section because it upsets me too much. Im ashamed of myself for that, I really am. People really need the support in there :cry:

I'm not on here much anymore, but when I'm here I like to try and reply to threads where I can make a difference to a bunny I always forget, until I have a thread, how much a reply to make a difference to an owner in that forum. I always think it doesn't matter because other people can reply. Fact it, it does matter. A lot.

sometimes i don't look because i don't want to cry, sometimes i can't take another sorrow. and sometimes i read and don't post because i have nothing to offer, or because whatever i try to post comes out wrong.

its not just rainbow bridge, though. all the threads here, especially asking for vibes or offering support, mean a great deal.

i used to stick to general chat all the time, but i use the 'new posts' button now so i get about the forum more.

it was wonderful to read about charlie's life, and to see pictures of him and your other rabbits, kath.

I'm not on here much anymore, but when I'm here I like to try and reply to threads where I can make a difference to a bunny I always forget, until I have a thread, how much a reply to make a difference to an owner in that forum. I always think it doesn't matter because other people can reply. Fact it, it does matter. A lot.

:thumb:

Im going to strive to go into Rainbow Bridge more often.

I never even used to look at Rainbow bridge at all, I just couldn't cope with it emotionally. It breaks my heart to hear that a bunny has passed away, any bunny, anywhere :cry:
These days I try to look when I'm not feeling too emotional, and when I do look I post. I am getting better, but must try harder! :(

I always try to reply to posts on Rainbow Bridge. Doesn't always happen, but I do try, as I know how much it means to get support.

Aw thank you all, I totally understand as I myself didnt frequent that part of the forum much .. Very sad but I feel as friends we must support each other.

I really didn't post this so you would read charlies or for sympathy I just wondered. I think until you actually have to post there you don't realise how the replies really help, and when you don't get many it's quite upsetting.
A lot of heartbreak and effort goes into a tribute thread, I had to write Charlie's over 2 days as I had to keep stopping and starting as I couldn't see through the tears! it was so hard to write but has helped me tremendously now it's done.

Thank you all :love:

I tend to have a look to see who has posted in there and see the buns/other pets names, just so I don't put my foot in it later :oops: But I don't tend to read a lot of the threads, or post. I would feel bad posting on some but missing others out. But then I don't want to just go through posting on them all saying the same kinda thing :oops: Also if it's someone that I "know", I tend to get upset because I know they will be upset, so yeah basically I just don't like looking!!

I try to post on Rainbow Bridge threads, and your tribute to Charlie was lovely. The photos showed how loved and happy he was in his time with you and his bunny friends. :love:

I never used to post because I didn't know what to say. Before Mischa I'd never experienced that hurt and pain and ache and just saying 'i'm so sorry' seemed so inadequate. I realise now that that just saying that means the world because it means you know someone else is there with you.

But right now I'm struggling to open RB threads. I don't browse the forum by sections, but use new posts and sometimes threads jump out at you for some reason, either because you identify with the bunny or the owner (for instance with you, you and I were quad bonding around a similar time so I read a lot of your threads at that time. I'm sure once I 'get over' Mischa I'll try to reply more. (rubbish words I know, I'll never 'get over' it, but, well, you know what I mean, when I can go a day without crying at some point I guess)

I never used to post because I didn't know what to say. Before Mischa I'd never experienced that hurt and pain and ache and just saying 'i'm so sorry' seemed so inadequate. I realise now that that just saying that means the world because it means you know someone else is there with you.

But right now I'm struggling to open RB threads. I don't browse the forum by sections, but use new posts and sometimes threads jump out at you for some reason, either because you identify with the bunny or the owner (for instance with you, you and I were quad bonding around a similar time so I read a lot of your threads at that time. I'm sure once I 'get over' Mischa I'll try to reply more. (rubbish words I know, I'll never 'get over' it, but, well, you know what I mean, when I can go a day without crying at some point I guess)

Yes I totally know what you mean. I think we 'bonded' over the quad bondings :lol:
And how weird we have both lost one of our 4 within a few days :cry:

I never realised the impact on losing a special bun would be! It's heart wrenching isn't it :(

I swear the first night, if I could've lifted the slab I would've been out there and bought him back indoors and cuddled his body all night. It felt so, so wrong him being outside, cold and on his own (i'm off again :cry:). I've managed to shrug off that feeling most of the time now, but the ache of wanting another cuddle just won't go away, and I'm not sure I even want it to. Sometimes when I don't feel sad, I *want* to feel sad to have a connection still.

I realise this makes me sound like a babbling mad woman.

I do reply as much as I can. If its immediate, normally always. I read everything, I feel I have to for the owner. Respect for the lost bunny. :cry: The last few weeks I haven't that much as I have my own turmoils. I find it hard and heartbreaking, but I know it can never even touch on how bad it is for the person that has lost their loved bunny.

I know I have replied about Charlie but not to your rainbow bridge, I find it hard sometimes. Sometimes I can't for a few days.

I tend to use the 'new posts' function and dont use forum sections. If i do open a RB post, it's usually by mistake but i would never leave without replying. The reason i dont seek them out is that they are incredibly upsetting and i quite often nip in while i have a spare few mins - i'd be worried i couldn't devote the time it deserved to respond but now it's been brought to my attention, i think i will find the time to post in there more. You're all right - people do need the emotional support. I know when i wrote my own thread, i was grateful that anyone replied - it brought the grief/guilt right back and i was so grateful that people understood.

I swear the first night, if I could've lifted the slab I would've been out there and bought him back indoors and cuddled his body all night. It felt so, so wrong him being outside, cold and on his own (i'm off again :cry:). I've managed to shrug off that feeling most of the time now, but the ache of wanting another cuddle just won't go away, and I'm not sure I even want it to. Sometimes when I don't feel sad, I *want* to feel sad to have a connection still.

I realise this makes me sound like a babbling mad woman.

:cry::cry: you don't sound mad at all!
So many emotions! Mine are slightly different, as our circumstances were different.i have tremendous guilt I wasn't there, did I miss any signs before I left, was he in pain for long before mum found him etc but the sadness and heartache is the same for all.
((hugs))

(and another thing I keep thinking is I have to go through this all again 3 more times at some point... Silly thought but it's one that whizzes round my brain and the thought of that is just horrendous! :cry:)

Back