• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone converted a bike shed?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hello peeps :wave: Well I have another dilemma since Heidi didn't bond with Summer & Skye as I really want to get her into a bigger hutch ASAP (hopefully with a friend!) but I can't really afford the same as I have for S&S (8x6 run with 6x3 hutch) but I really like the extra depth and really want a 3ft deep hutch rather than 2ft deep. However, the hutch alone would cost £150 plus £50 delivery so £200 which is fine, except that if he's coming to deliver hutch I feel I might aswell get the run so I only pay delivery once, but I just really can't stretch to another £300 any time soon. I was going to get the happy hutch 6ft hutch/run combo for £160 then get the run extension next spribg, but I feel like its a waste of money because the hutch is only 2ft deep and I really want 3ft deep, it just gives so much more space but their 3ft deep hutch is £320 just for hutch! Soooooo iv been doing a bit of searching and found this 7x3ft bike shed on eBay...
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=320979336552&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=85864673055

It says it has solid floor (as iv noticed a lot r cheap chipboard which would be rubbish) and felt roof so that's good. I would obviously put some mesh, perhaps one door replaced with mesh door or just 'windows' cut out and meshed. Then i could get a run attached. Just wondered if anyone else has converted a bike shed and if there is anything I need to know etc., if u think it's a good idea and if the one in the link looks good enough!! Thank u :thumb:

Thanks for the replies, for some reason didn't think there was any bike sheds in that thread! Think this is the way forward then :thumb: I was going to get a run and make do with the 5ft hutch til spring but she just looks like she has no space especially compared to S&S! And i was really hoping to have bonded her with a friend in time for winter so she has someone to snuggle up to :love: and there's no way I can have 2 in a 5ft.

As Graham said, I did it for one of my hutches. It was a lot of effort and it would probably have been easier for me to just build a hutch of the same size but it does give them a lot of space inside. You can see photos in the thread linked above :)
I would be wary of that one on eBay though, it's overlap so won't last as long as Shiplap or T&G :?

As Graham said, I did it for one of my hutches. It was a lot of effort and it would probably have been easier for me to just build a hutch of the same size but it does give them a lot of space inside. You can see photos in the thread linked above :)
I would be wary of that one on eBay though, it's overlap so won't last as long as Shiplap or T&G :?

Thanks :wave: iv had a look at it, looks brill, although I wouldn't be putting in a full extra level like that, just a box divider for litter tray and a shelf like I have in my other hutch so they would be more jump on things rather than a level with a ramp. Hmm thanks for the advice on the overlap, iv looked and I can get the same shed in tongue and groove for £210 plus £20 delivery so not really worth it I might aswell get the same hutch as I have for the others! I'm going to c how much he'll do it for with an 8x3 run as space is very limited now! I can always add an extension then next summer in a diff part of the garden with runaround :D

Back