• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scary free ad...

15 mins away from me and the description seems to match my pets.... :shock:

2 rabbits one brown and white spotted and one dutch rabbit 3 guinea pigs rex s £ 20.00 the lot as my son lost interest.

Poor things, another case of the child losing interest. I'm just shocked at how it sounds like my pets description...

15 mins away from me and the description seems to match my pets.... :shock:

2 rabbits one brown and white spotted and one dutch rabbit 3 guinea pigs rex s £ 20.00 the lot as my son lost interest.

Poor things, another case of the child losing interest. I'm just shocked at how it sounds like my pets description...

"£20 the lot" !?!

Like haggling at a car boot sale. They are alive :shock:

So the child loses interest- it happens and is probably to be expected. However, the animals are the responsibility of the adults and as such I would have thought they were family pets. It beats me how an adult can give up on an adorable animal. I'm surprised we don't hear stories of parents saying they had a second child for their child to play with- oldest child has now lost interest and so the youngest is being put up for adoption. :evil:
Why did they buy the child so many pets before waiting to see if he/ she maintained an interest?

this opened my eyes.

i'd wondered recently when someone posted about a new mum bun being 'released', if in fact someone had stolen a proven breeder. now i really think people might be spotting other people's pets, finding a buyer then stealing the animals. i knew it happened with dogs. i bet its a fairly widespread racket.

this opened my eyes.

i'd wondered recently when someone posted about a new mum bun being 'released', if in fact someone had stolen a proven breeder. now i really think people might be spotting other people's pets, finding a buyer then stealing the animals. i knew it happened with dogs. i bet its a fairly widespread racket.

:shock::shock::shock:

i think a lot of people would be happy with £20. its a free ad, and a quick trip to an un-secured back yard in most cases. i'm thinking here of the people who steal pets and farm animals to eat or breed from (come to think of it, i should have known, my dad's best goat was stolen years ago) - they wouldn't think twice about this. imagine. near me, in terraces in a quiet area, popular with young families, there will be pets in half the backyards or gardens.

My first angora was in a hutch in our small back garden. I got him for myself but my sons loved him, too.

We had a neighbour who was an old Irish alcoholic, who was a total nuisance getting drunk all day and singing and swearing day and night, his house full of random tramps. Another neighbour told us he once got it in his head to keep and breed dogs, and kept them locked in a shed. They all got distemper and had to be put down.

One day we saw him and one of his little mates leaning out the back window and they looked like they were staring at our bunny. I thought nothing of it. They were weird at the best of times. A day or two later, I looked out in the afternoon to check bunny was OK and.., his hutch door hung open and he was gone. Just vanished. I had not long been out there with him and knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I had shot the bolt safely. It was a tiny enclosed garden so nowhere bun could have gone in such a short time since I had been out there with him, had the hutch been left unlocked... Which I knew it hadn't... He would just be on the lawn or somewhere really obvious.

Our garden had a back wall that was fifty foot high as it backed onto a market building. And mid terrace, by a high st... Very hard for anyone to get over what must have been fifty fences to get to our garden. We knew damn well that neighbour took bunny and I still can't bear to think what happened to him in the end. Police wouldn't even have come out, we knew it, as we had called them a hundred times and they said unless he was in the street brandishing a knife at passerby, nothing they could do.

They probably sold him to someone down the pub for a tenner. I never kept rabbits again whilst we lived in that city. Now I am out in the countryside. And can have them again.

I don't think it's my pets on the ad, just a creepy coincidence! My bunnies can't be seen from outside my house. Their home is at the bottom of my back garden and can only be seen if someone walks down there. :? The pigs' hutch is inside the shed and cannot be seen unless you go into the shed. I can't even email to ask for pics as I'm not a paying preloved member.

My first angora was in a hutch in our small back garden. I got him for myself but my sons loved him, too.

We had a neighbour who was an old Irish alcoholic, who was a total nuisance getting drunk all day and singing and swearing day and night, his house full of random tramps. Another neighbour told us he once got it in his head to keep and breed dogs, and kept them locked in a shed. They all got distemper and had to be put down.

One day we saw him and one of his little mates leaning out the back window and they looked like they were staring at our bunny. I thought nothing of it. They were weird at the best of times. A day or two later, I looked out in the afternoon to check bunny was OK and.., his hutch door hung open and he was gone. Just vanished. I had not long been out there with him and knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I had shot the bolt safely. It was a tiny enclosed garden so nowhere bun could have gone in such a short time since I had been out there with him, had the hutch been left unlocked... Which I knew it hadn't... He would just be on the lawn or somewhere really obvious.

Our garden had a back wall that was fifty foot high as it backed onto a market building. And mid terrace, by a high st... Very hard for anyone to get over what must have been fifty fences to get to our garden. We knew damn well that neighbour took bunny and I still can't bear to think what happened to him in the end. Police wouldn't even have come out, we knew it, as we had called them a hundred times and they said unless he was in the street brandishing a knife at passerby, nothing they could do.

They probably sold him to someone down the pub for a tenner. I never kept rabbits again whilst we lived in that city. Now I am out in the countryside. And can have them again.

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that. :( Did you confront your neighbour about it? x

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that. :( Did you confront your neighbour about it? x

No. My kids were very young and I was scared he would get violent. Once, his mates kicked in the door of the house of a young woman who lived a few doors down. She was absolutely terrified. This man was so well known to the police, but also as he'd been countless times on failed treatment programmes, they said he was pretty well unarrestable, unless he was threatening you with a knife in his hand. We had got our MP and everyone involved trying to find a solution. His family wouldn't section him and this was the 1990s, no care in the community.

I just told the kids bunny had escaped and luckily they believed me, but as I say I had been out in the garden with the bun only ten minutes or so earlier and knew, for a fact, the hutch had been locked.

Angoras are funny things, too... If they 'escape' they only tend to get six inches from their hutches! They are very affectionate and home loving things!

This man was so out of it, he wouldn't have remembered doing it anyway.

That is so sad- I would have been planning revenge in bun's memory. I worry about mine playing outside but I don't want to deprive them of it. I have CCTV, which is OK until there is a power cut and there have been a few of those lately.

Why don't people just rent bunnies for their children if they are only going to keep them for a few months before declaring they want to get rid of them because their child has lost interest?

Back