• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with sheds

i have a battery operated thing on the ceiling thats like a giant light bulb, its quite bright. i use rechargeable batteries and they last a while.
i do have a big 3 headed garden light next to the shed which gives me a bit of light as well as it shines through the window.

I use a torch now

I used to have a rechargeable light which was great but I dropped it and it smashed into little pieces :(

I have used those push type lights but they do not last long

Do the solar lights still work well and give enough light in winter when there's less sunshine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLAR-POW...965?pt=UK_Garden_Lighting&hash=item2567e1b06d

I have full electrics in mine, but I used to use these solar ones - they are brilliant. I am still using one of them 5 years later, so they last really well too:D

Ooo that looks good!

I have this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-6177...IA/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1347816601&sr=8-22

I've had it about 9 months and am still on the same batteries, it's really bright and does the job perfectly :D. I tried the solar ones but never managed to get any better than a dull night-light type glow. Perhaps they're better these days though.

This looks fab, what I was after actually thanks :D

Do the solar lights still work well and give enough light in winter when there's less sunshine?

Yes, so long as the solar panel points towards the sun. I used mine in a 10x8 shed and it gave me enough light all year round

I have a light on the end of an extension cable, purpose made. I don't know where it was from though as it was a Christmas present last year from my parents. I have to feed the lead through the utility window and use one of the sockets in there. At night once the bunnies are tucked up, I take the cable out and pop it in the shed. The buns can't get at it as a) they're in their hutch by then and can't get out and b) I roll it up and pop it on a hook at the top of the shed door. I find it very useful and it's no bother having to plug in it and out.

I have full electric in mine, but when my ex built it, he had no intention it would become the bunny house..

Back