• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah is in surgery for a blockage U/D got through surgery... He's home !!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
This can't be happening.

FHB is doing the surgery, so he couldn't be in better hands but I'm so, so scared of losing him.

It's not 2 years since I lost Little Dot this way. I asked NHB what the odds were but he said not to think of it that way - even if it were 100 to 1 - he could be the one ... Please, please he has to be the one.

PICT0012-1.jpg

This is where to focus the vibes - one of the sweetest little beasts you could ever hope to meet.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. Vibes very much appreciated.

They rang to say he was going into surgery at 17:06. I'll update when I know anything.

Gosh, what a worry for you. He couldn't be in better hands though - I have everything crossed that he comes though it all ok x x

Oh no, poor boy; you must be worried sick. :( I'll be keeping everything crossed for good news later this evening. xx

THank you so much for the vibes.

Nigel H-B just rang to say that FHB had managed to move the blockage along - she'd had to move his intestines out to get to where it was, it wasn't an easy job. His intestines haven't been cut - the blockage was in his small intestine and was eased along. He said it was definitely a faecal pellet, you can see them through the wall of the intestine, apparently... and told me off for trying to blame myself as to what he'd eaten :oops: FHB said he was ringing too soon as she was only just stitching him up and there are massive changes in his metabolism around that time so a critical time, Frances wanted to be more sure before he rang but he wanted to let me know progress and that I already know the next 2 hours is critical etc. FHB has done her best to avoid adhesions by use of saline around his internals but he will be at more risk now (assuming he survives)

His blood glucose last night was 16, this morning it was 11, as he was getting wobbling and really not well this afternoon they measured it again and it had reached 20, which is when they decided better to assist rather than let nature take its course as he was getting weaker quickly.

The next two hours are critical.

Back