• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried

Sarah20

New Kit
Hi I am getting my rabbit Chester nuterd on Wednesday I am really worried I can't bring him in and his run is attached to his hutch will he be ok ? Am not 100% sure but I think I heard that you need to keep them somewhere smaller so they don't hurt themselves

I had domino in the tiny downstairs toilet , blocked off all the ledges etc. But could you block the run off, so he only has the hutch. I think someone I know covered the hole up with carpet tiles and put a brick at the top of the ramp so it didnt fall through.

I kept my poppy inside, i have an indoor bunny too so the indoor bun got booted out her cage and sted in her run while poppy got better. I loved having her inside, being able to watch her all the time was great espcially when she stared licking her wound -_-

When I got Louie neutered I set up a pen for him (he is freerange normally).

He went mad at being confined, attempting to pick the pen up with his mouth. I left him to freerange and he was perfectly fine, I just kept an eye on his wound for a few days.

It's a very small op for males.

Buns can't regulate their temperature properly after an anaesthetic which is why it's best to bring them in, and he'll definitely need to be indoors until he has properly woken up. We have put Scarlet back in her hutch the same day as a GA if it's really warm but it's quite cold at night here now. Can you make something temporary in the house to keep him in overnight?

I deffo can't keep him down stairs my guinea pigs take up most of my floor space in the bedroom I really don't think there's anyway round it he's quite a big bun and he will destroy my room if I let him plus the guinea pigs are in an open pen :s tryin to rack my brains thinking of a solution

You could get a snugglesafe that you can heat in the microwave to keep him warm, and give him loads of extra hay. i would definitely give him a snugglesafe at the very least, if you can't bring him in :wave:

My dad who is the biggest grump ever has decided to be nice to me and said I can put the camp bed up in the conservatory and sleep there with him :) when my daughter finds out she will want to join us so looks like no sleep for me :)

Back