• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When are rabbits fully grown

Abit of a random question but when do rabbits stop growing and at what age are they adult rabbits! I have a mini lop and lion lop, they are 9 months! Are they adults? :)

Depends what you class as adult and depends on the breeds, smaller ones tend to mature faster. Most female buns are sexually mature at around 4-5 months of age, males earlier at about 3 months, although theyre not really adult and are still growing.

Yes, I'd say at 9 months they have probably stopped growing. I think my lionhead stopped growing at about 6 months, but her coat has continued to change.

Ah right, my lion lop coat changes all the time too, she was so fluffy and like a teddy when we got her and she's thinned out abit now but still really fluffy! Do they grow thicker coats in the winter? I'd love for my lion lop to go back to how fluffy she was :)

Ah right, my lion lop coat changes all the time too, she was so fluffy and like a teddy when we got her and she's thinned out abit now but still really fluffy! Do they grow thicker coats in the winter? I'd love for my lion lop to go back to how fluffy she was :)

All rabbits grow thicker coats for the winter :)

Rabbits keep growing until they are about eighteen months old. That is the age I would regard them as adult rather than as youngsters. The same goes for guinea pigs. Of course they can reproduce well before then.... This can help us to age them when they arrive without a history. The state of their claws can be another clue. The last growth they put on tends to be a bulking out rather than gaining length or height, but it is still growth.

Back