• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not going in litter tray

vergo97

Warren Scout
Freddy's been in a shed for a few days now, and he is weeing in a big card board box that is in there and not his litter tray. The box is supposed to be his bed and has lots of hay in it, so I put some of the damp hay in his litter tray because he might start using his litter tray if it smells of the toilet, but should I take the box out because it is really damp in one corner? He gets quite defensive over the box (If I put my hand in sometimes he will lunge at me), and I don't have anything else that I could use for him to hide in that I could put in the shed. There is a cat climbing toy with a small hiding place in there but there would only be that.

Rabbits sleep where they want so you could just remove the box :) mine like hiding in tunnels and wooden arches more than anything :) then if you just keep the hay in and around his litter tray it might help :)

Try putting his litter tray in the cardboard box. He's obviously identified it as somewhere he feels safe and somewhere he likes to toilet. For now let him have his smelly box, then once he's used the litter tray you can try removing the box.

Back