• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building a Nest

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I have just noticed Poppy running around with a load of hay in her mouth. From reading on here I think that she is trying to build a nest? Should we be worried or just let her get on with it? Everybun is spayed/neutered.

Milo on the other hand thinks that she is bringing him some hay and has eaten a strand or 2 :lol:

We were terrified when Buttons started making a nest, thankfully there were no buns :D Spaying soon, as soon as she hits 6 months.

Molly did this once, she didn't make a best though, she just carried it found for ages. All my bunnies were neutered, I think she was maybe feeling a bit hormonal!

Aw uv just reminded me of a time when Summer and Skye had their old enclosure and they'd dug a bit of a burrow and one of them, i can't remember which it was, spent ages getting mouthfuls of straw from the hutch and carrying them into the hole outside! Was cute to watch! They weren't spayed at that time so could have been nest building, Skye regularly used to make nests but it never worried me :oops:

Back