• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trouble using stairs!!

Steph_fuzzy239

Warren Scout
Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with their rabbits working out how to use the steps up to a hutch? my rabbits have just moved into their new happy hutch. Rosie has had previous experience of using stairs up to the hutch so she is ok, but Freddie has just no clue what so ever, its like he doesn't even realise that they are there :roll: i thought he would have worked it out by now or at least copied Rosie, but no. Just wondering if anyone had any tips for me?

Thank you :)

Alfie cottoned on pretty quickly I think but I seem to remember that Bubbles took a little longer to figure it out. I found that they're more keen to try going up the ramp first so it might be worth putting them down into the run for a while (making sure they have access to hay and water in case Freddie doesn't want to come back up) and see if that helps.

Alfie cottoned on pretty quickly I think but I seem to remember that Bubbles took a little longer to figure it out. I found that they're more keen to try going up the ramp first so it might be worth putting them down into the run for a while (making sure they have access to hay and water in case Freddie doesn't want to come back up) and see if that helps.

Thanks Karen :)

I had to put him in the top bit over night as it was so cold last nite i didn't want him to get cold and thought Rosie was more likely to go up there as well (well thats where i found her this morning) i've but him back in the run first thing this morning so i hope that he can try and figure it out soon.

If you have a happy hutch do you mean a ramp? Many buns can be nervous of ramps. If he doesnt get it soon making the ramp less steep may help, or enclosing it - both should help him feel safer on it.

If you have a happy hutch do you mean a ramp? Many buns can be nervous of ramps. If he doesnt get it soon making the ramp less steep may help, or enclosing it - both should help him feel safer on it.

Yes sorry i meant a ramp :oops: i'll have a word with my dad as he is good at diy, see if i can make it less daunting!

Back