• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shaking like a leaf

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
A couple of years ago I heard a bunny scream on tv.

I've just been woken up by a very similar sound. Literally petrifying. All I could think was severe injury or heart failing Dopey.

Ran outside (totally ignoring my bedroom bunnies) and all came over for food in a very normal way. Nothing of any concern outside at all. Very confused. Run back upstairs to check all my bedroom bunnies- all come for food looking and sounding normal. Poddle downstairs to ask Angel if he's ok and he was too.

Now I'm panicking that was a fox bevause it was definitely an out of the ordinary noise. didn't sound like a fox though, I don't think. But I also don't think whatever poor animal it was was screaming was mine.

Feel like I need to go and check them all just in case but I know they were all very normal.

That sounds very terrifying. I hope that all bunnies are okay and that you can manage to get back to sleep and that all stays quiet and safe.

i wonder if maybe it was a wild rabbit screaming? :( hope all your buns are ok.

Owl maybe? There's one that lives somewhere round here that makes a very creepy noise.

once we woke up and heard a barred owl "laughing", it was the first time we had ever heard those sort of barred owl noises, it was crazy sounding :shock:

I did go and check them all again. They thought their luck was in with all the extra pellets they got. Haven't yet seen them this morning though.

I was awake for ages and the noise never came back. The only thing I can think was maybe it was a frog because they can also scream horrifically. We don't have any wild rabbits here. Not sure about owls but that would have to be a very weird sounding one.

I haven't moved that fast for a long time. I was so scared. Not since badger. In a short while I'll be going outside; I just hope all is still well.

I'm sure they are all fine, I had something similar a couple of months ago, never did find out what it was! So scary!!

Its odd you say this hun, A few months ago Poppet was sat on my lap and she stretched and screamed. She seemed fine and ate and generally didnt seem to know why i was fussing her.
wonder if she pulled a muscle or got a bit of cramp when stretching ?:?

I know it sounds silly, but is it possible you were dreaming? It's quite common for people to believe they have seen/heard something in the period when they're just falling asleep or just waking up so I'm just wondering if that could be it?

In any case, glad your buns are all ok, what a worry that must have been.

Must of been awful :( Lots of animals make horrible screaming sounds, like others have said it could of been a fox or owl or wildie or even a frog

Maybe it was one of those giant cats that apparently roam the UK

I know there have been loads and loads of sightings on Dartmoor of a large, puma like, cat. And there have been footprints found and sheep and ponies found with their throats ripped out.

:shock:

Some of the owls round here make a very bunny-like scream, it's woken me up before thinking a similar thing. I can't remember which type of owl it is but one of the common UK ones definitely scream rather than hoot. A few nights back there seemed to be an owl convention going on in our back garden with a cacophony of both :shock: It doesn't seem to be a UK site so it's hard to be exact but there are some common owl sounds here: http://www.owlpages.com/sounds.php - listen to the typical call of the common barn owl and also the typical call/excited little owl, for instance.

In any case, glad all seems to be well with the fluffsters :D

Last edited:
Back