• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrow

Flopsie

Young Bun
I pick up my bunny.

I've been reading your posts for a few weeks so I think I know the basics, but any final tips would be great.

Cheers.

How very exciting :)

The basic urgent stuff would be probably stuff you know already.. diet (change it gradually of course and introduce each new thing slowly and with small amounts) unlimited nice yummy hay, (www.thehayexperts.co.uk does a good selection), greens, some people limit high calcium stuff like broc/spinach/kale, small amounts are fine though and buns love all of those. Dandelions are always a fav, and you'll probabyl find lots of free food in your garden! There are loads of lists of veg and greens that are ok for rabbits on the web. A high quality pellet like burgess excel or science selective.

Lots of stimulation with toys and excersize.. vaccinations, spaying/nuetering. Other things will depend on the rabbit's living situation, outdoors/indoors etc, if they're free range or in a room or pen..

If you're litter training, best to change the tray once a day and spot check other bedding, then clean entire living quarters once a week. The best kind of litter is the non clumping kind, paper litters like yesterdays news and biocatolet are great. The latter you can even get from sainsburies.

A good probiotic like avipro or pro c for their water is priceless to have on hand if your bun is ever not itself for a while as is a complete food like critical care (just good to have as first aid) The probiotic can really help their tummies in times of stress or illness and give them that little boost.

If it's a single bun it'll need lots of attention from you once it settles in :) which is the fun part of course! Will need supervising if in a pen or run outside that isnt fox proof. With areas of shade and shelter..

Hmmmm trying to think of anything else.. just ask away, we're all happy to help

Best of luck and have fun

Back