• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The things we sacrifice for our rabbits...

ElsasMummy

Warren Scout
I'm sure everyone has something that comes to mind! I've borrowed money for Elsa's treatment this week and I've had to tell my boyfriend that I can't drive up to see him as I'm giving 5 different medications including nose drops 3x daily!

What sacrifices do you make for your beloved buns? (That make people think you're mad!?)

Getting my disaster of a room redecorated cause getting the bunnies sorted is far more important. Kinda makes me smile when my granny tells her friends 'she might be mad having them but they always come first. They want for nothing'.

Aww :) I've had Elsa since I was 11, so all through school college and uni. I made the 200 mile round trip from uni almost every weekend for Elsa's vet visits and spent a good chunk of my student loan on her... My friends and parents think I'm mad but Elsa makes me happyyy :D

A relationship!! I just haven't got the time to devote to anyone else - in any case I prefer to give my time to my buns and any spare time chilling out after taking care of them! Have to keep my strength up looking after 14 buns, 2 daughters and working too so no time for anyone else!!! :D

I prefer my bunnies as company rather than other humans, I could quite easily not see another person ever so long ad I have rabbits

Holidays - In their current set up of all being seperated it would be very hard and unfair to them if we just had someone popping in once/twice a day. Also the practicality of no one being able to handle them either. When they get into their aviary outside it will be easier, but people I would have lined up for pet sitting can't really now.

Trips out - If my DIY loving neighbour is banging about/drilling I stay home while te others go so I can keep an eye on them if they get scared. Sometime sI leave the radio on, but in the case of Lola she has had a panic in the past, just from us coming in the door quietly we think, and she flipped and was practically knocked out. I'm terrified she'll do it again one day.

My Conservatory - it was in the process of being turned into a toy/chill out sunroom, then the buns arrived, they were in there to acclimatise to the colder weather for a couple of weeks, then Frankie got very poorly so they all stayed in, and then they fell out and had to be seperated and they are still there now!

A tidy house - I've had a house bunny before, but never ever have I found hay everywhere like I do with these girls! Lola is scared of the vacuum so that doesn't help! I have to take her outside while OH runs the vacuum round downstairs to get it done!

ETA: heck that makes me feel mean! My friends don't realise I don't understand I can't just stick them all in together outside to get my house back on track and think I'm nuts mentioning re bonding etc. If only it was that easy!

Last edited:
all my money

all the credit on my credit cards (and more)

any chance of any holiday at all (longer than 6 hours . . - we did manage two half days at the beach this year:shock:)

most of my 'life' (other than bunny related)

my clean and wonderfully decorated house and fourniture

My money, worry-free holidays, long holidays, spontaneous excursions, soft furnishings, enjoying a piece of fruit to myself, lie ins and other peoples respect! :lol:

Not that I care, Id give up anything for those buns :love:

My sanity. The Amount of heartache theyve given me lately is a wonder I'm not locked in a padded cell.

Wine!!! I said when I wanted bunnies 'I'll give up wine to pay for their stuff' and haven't bought a bottle (except on offer at xmas) since then!

Holidays / trips back up north - i hate leaving them, feel so guilty!

Back