• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Different types of water bottles...

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I don't see N&T drink a lot from their 'normal' type of water bottle. They're always working, and they have 2 (one in the run, one in the shed) as well as a bowl. They are always on grass and get plenty of fresh vegs and herbs so I'm not overly concerned about them lacking water intake, considering they're outside buns and we can't see into the shed when we're not into it, but I'd quite like to try a few different types of water bottles if possible.

I think I remember seeing one with a bevelled needle end type end:

img-aiguillecanule1.jpg

and I also remember seeing one with a pokey out stick instead of a ball if that makes sense?

If someone could point me to them that'd be great :oops:!

Even better if anyone has a spare that I could possibly try for a week or two and then send back! I'd pay for postage ofc!

P.S wasn't really sure where to put this as it didn't feel appropriate for diet/digestion, nor housing...

I've given up trying to make Sonic a water bottle! All of a sudden he decided to stop drinking out of his bottle, so he just has a bowl now :)

He had one of those with a ball in the end of the tube? I was very unimpressed with it though, so don't get one! :lol:

I have this one and really like it, the rabbits seem fine with it too. Only pain is you have to make a holder for it so loaning you my spare may not be much good.

52042_kerbl_kaninchentraenk_1.jpg

I'm re-bumping up this thread as today for the first time I saw Nena getting frustrated at her water bottle so I'm going to have to replace their two. I'm not sure I understand how either of them works :oops:. I know the top one I'll need some bungee cords to attach it which is fine, but will the spout part fit through 1x1inch mesh? No clue how the second one works! And does anyone else have any recommendations?

I'm re-bumping up this thread as today for the first time I saw Nena getting frustrated at her water bottle so I'm going to have to replace their two. I'm not sure I understand how either of them works :oops:. I know the top one I'll need some bungee cords to attach it which is fine, but will the spout part fit through 1x1inch mesh? No clue how the second one works! And does anyone else have any recommendations?

I think it would fit, but I'll need to check.

Eep there's so many choices! I'm very confused. The outside one doesn't matter about size, but in their shed they have one of those bike water bottle holders so I'd ideally like to be able to fit it in there - although I can stretch it out with some pliers if I need to. I'll pop to the pet shop later to look at the ferplast one (I think it's the same idea as the easi-filler one?) to see if that looks good...

I suppose all these bottles will give a better slow so it doesn't matter too much which I choose?

With the ferplast/easifiller one, do they lick it like they do a normal ball-bearing one? I'm worried it might take them a while to figure it out, especially since they don't drink a lot.

I've tried a couple of different bottles/bowls for my buns and I can say the best would be John Hopewell Ezi-Filla (link here). It doesn't leak at all which is amazing. It did take about 2 hours for my pair to figure out how to drink from it but after that they seem like drinking a lot more than other bottles I've used before and I can easily know how much water they've drunk.

I think buns have their own preference and finding the best way to provide water isn't easy at all ;)

I've tried a couple of different bottles/bowls for my buns and I can say the best would be John Hopewell Ezi-Filla (link here). It doesn't leak at all which is amazing. It did take about 2 hours for my pair to figure out how to drink from it but after that they seem like drinking a lot more than other bottles I've used before and I can easily know how much water they've drunk.

I think buns have their own preference and finding the best way to provide water isn't easy at all ;)

Fabulous :D I think with everyone saying they're such a good bottle I'm going to buy one. Just emailed a seller off eBay asking if it comes with the spring, as it's £2 cheaper on eBay and every little helps...!

I'll see how they get on with that in their outside run before I change the inside one too. Does anyone know if the smaller ones (perhaps the 500ml one) fits in a water bottle holder for a bike? The 250ml one looks the same as the 500ml one, just shorter...

Back