• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray in bed area - how to stay warm in winter?!

nessar

Warren Veteran
My buns chose the bed area as their preferred litter tray spot - which was fine in summer, but now with winter approaching, I want to keep them warm. They wont stay warm if they wee everywhere in their bed - Barney doesnt do little rabbit wees like Annabella, he does big puddles, like a dog.

So what do I do? Anyone elses buns have their litter area in their bed area?

If you are talking about a hutch, most buns use their "bedroom" as a toilet and sleep in the open part. I put a box full of hay in the open part and cover the hutch so they are warm. Seems to work ok.

Spenser chose his bedroom as his litter area when he was an outdoor rabbit. :wave: His first winter was bitterly cold, often -10 or colder overnight, and if I went out to check him through the night he was always sitting at the mesh on look-out duty. He didn't have his good cover then either - it's arrival was delayed by the severe weather conditions affecting transport.

Back