• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just seen the strangest thing... Fox and rabbits

kaths101

Warren Veteran
As some as you know I'm on Holiday at the moment, we're in a caravan and everyday we have seen loads of wild rabbits :love: they are lovely to watch, i even saw a binky :D there are always at least 4 sat on the grass next to our van and they are literally everywhere!

When I got up this morning I opened the blinds and looked out. About a minute later a fox strolled across the driveway, I thought oh no the bunnies but he looked at the bunnies and walked off! :shock: the bunnies then ran towards the fox and sat next to him!

What's going on? Is mr fox full? Was it too easy pickings? They didn't seem scared at all!

:shock:
When I read your post, this is what came to mind: http://bible.cc/isaiah/65-25.htm :shock:
Another explanation is that possibly the bunnies are aware of the saying that the leopard (or fox, in this case) that you see is not the one that will get you. :p

Wow that is weird :shock: My buns run up to my cats and dogs, but you'd think wild buns would have the instinct not to run up to predators :shock:

Either those bunnies have a death wish or that's a vegetarian fox. :shock: :lol:

Awwww! :love: Rabbits are friends not food. ;)

:lol: I just came back from the midnight showing of Finding Nemo at the theater so 'friends not food' was my first thought as well :lol:

We used to live next to a field that often had foxes in, around dusk. We once saw a fox stared down by a cat. The fox then ran off. It was not a young or small one either.

Awww!, One of those 'wish i had my camera' moments!.

Vegetarian fox :lol::lol:
The only other possibility i can think of is Fox lost its mother early on and doesnt recognise rabbits as food?:?

:shock:
When I read your post, this is what came to mind: http://bible.cc/isaiah/65-25.htm :shock:
Another explanation is that possibly the bunnies are aware of the saying that the leopard (or fox, in this case) that you see is not the one that will get you. :p

I know this too. It makes me think of the lioness who adopted a fawn for a while. Sadly one day when she went out hunting other members of the pride killed the baby.

But I believe that one day all animals including humans will be veggies :D

I know this too. It makes me think of the lioness who adopted a fawn for a while. Sadly one day when she went out hunting other members of the pride killed the baby.

But I believe that one day all animals including humans will be veggies :D

Well, according to the Bible, people and animals were made vegan (Genesis, Chapter 1, v 29-30):
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=NIV
Sadly, my cat just brought another mouse to eat in the conservatory. :( As soon as he saw me he ran over the fence with his trophy. :evil: He remembers that last time I made him leave his trophy, which promptly ran away! :D Never mind the cat, I'm not vegan either. :oops:

Back