• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A Twinkle Update U/D Thursday 27th

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Its been a while since Twinkle was at the vets for anything other than routine, but I had become concerned she was not herself. She has problems with one back leg and recently it looked as if she was sitting more awkward because she seemed to lean to one side. She has also seemed subdued and thinner.

Saw vet today who weighed her. She has lost 300g :shock: he has done blood tests and an EC blood test. She is on panacur from today.

I will find out blood test results tomorrow and EC tests in about a week.

Fingers crossed for my special bunny x

Last edited:
I phoned the vets for news of the first set of blood tests to be told to ring back Monday as the receptionist couldnt find the results/results were not in .. she said the EC test results might also be back at the same time so could discuss all results together... I got a bit of an uneasy feeling like she didnt want to give me bad news to be honest, but there is nothing more I can do until Monday.

Twinkle seems to be a bit brighter. She is having more time in the run as since I moved twice in six weeks, the rabbits have had inside space only. We now have the aviary built so the bunnies are out in that in the day until we can join the summerhouse and aviary together. I think she was getting a little depressed not being able to get out into the fresh air.

She is on metacam twice daily for her back leg/caecal problem and now on Panacur once a day too.

I hope that being able to go out and about lifts her spirits. Please let us know what the blood tests reveal when you can xx

First set of blood test results show Twinkle is fighting an infection. She is now on veraflox as well as panacur and metacam!

EC results by end of week I have been told.

Still hoping she can get better from this, as she is always the one that will be ill out of my four bunnies.

Last edited:
Final blood tests are back and Twinkle has EC :shock::shock::shock:

That would explain her back leg problem maybe? That would explain her drinking lots maybe? Can a limp be caused by EC? I thought it was more paralysis.

She has been on panacur anyway since she went to the vets plus antibiotics plus metacam and is very much looking and feeling better. She chases Sparkle round the summerhouse for food and is definately not suffering in any way!

Back to the vets once she has finished her panacur and antibiotics for a further check up.

Here's hoping that Twinkle continues to improve. How is her tum these days ?

Thanks Jane. With her limited diet I am keeping the mucky bottom to a minimum. I dont have to clean her as she is doing well, but now and again I do find some excess caecals squished into the floor of the summerhouse.

You have obviously done a grand job with helping her manage her problems. It is lovely to hear that she is brighter within herself now. I bet Sparkle thinks she is a tad too bright !! :lol:

You have obviously done a grand job with helping her manage her problems. It is lovely to hear that she is brighter within herself now. I bet Sparkle thinks she is a tad too bright !! :lol:

You can almost see him going :roll: now that she is bouncing around again... cant believe how much she has been through over the past few years!

Back