• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else's bun not go for banana?

Jenson

Mama Doe
I've just offered Jenson banana for the second time and he's sniffed it and turned his nose up! Crunchies are a massive favourite and I thought that all buns liked banana and was looking forward to him loving it. oh well, he's happily munching hay which is one of my favourite things to watch anyway.

Out of my 11 only 2 won't eat it. Daisy sniffs it and then makes a face, I swear that if she could gag she would!! It is hilarious to watch, it is a face of pure disgust!

None of my 3 eat it! Lola actually recoiled in horror when she sniffed it :lol: it would have been so handy for meds if they would eat it, but noooooo. :roll:

They look at me like "what the heck are we meant to do with that" :lol:

Mine all love it :lol: Whenever I try them with a new fruit they're reluctant to try though, so I have to take a bit of the outside off and pretty much stick it in their faces so they have a nibble and realise they really like it :lol: maybe some peoples rabbits would like it if they had an actual taste?

Harvey turned his nose up at it too. Not tried it with Lilly but I'm sure if she liked it Harvey would "like" it just to get a fair share :roll: he's eaten food he dislikes before just because she's been eating it, he's easily jealous :lol:

Donny and Lola ignore it and they usually eat anything you give them :lol: Leo takes his time but he has a very sensitive tum so he very very rarely gets anything fruit wise. Poppy loves it but because she can't eat hay she produces a lot more grapey poops so she doesn't get it unless we eat a banana.. Which isn't too often :lol: I prefer apples and Poppy doesn't! :)

Yeh Stu doesn't like it, ran away, came back for another look but didn't even try it, he doesn't go for carrots either ;)

Wow, lots of replies, all making me sit here giggling away to myself! :lol: Thank you!

I thought after all the other things I've read that all buns liked banana and I just got a look like I'd given him a stinky sock!! :shock:

None of my eleven buns will eat banana:( It's a real shame as it would be a great way to give them meds.

My two go crazy for it! I've been hiding Boris' medicine in it for a year & he still hasn't noticed :lol: He never questions my intentions with giving him a slice, he just eats it :thumb:

Back