• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Rabbit In Numbers

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Just back from the vet today, did my usual filing of the invoice and checked the figures, this is what I have.

£371.94 on vaccines this year for 11 buns.
£794.82 is what I have spent in vet bills this year (including vaccs).
£150 on pellets and carrot treats a year
£202 on fresh herbs :shock:
£300 on hay

I had no idea we spent that much on herbs and of course that does not included toys and equipment, readigrass or extra over the counter meds like Beaphar or Ecchinacea. Or petrol money in trips to the vet.

Very expensive but very worth it :love: After getting vaccines done I always feel so reassured :D

So what are your figures?

I have no idea and aint even gonna try to guess.....not to mention the 45 minute drive, the diesel and Rubys bills too as its the same vet she sees...

Luckily my hay and straw and pellets bill is free! I buy bales and 10kg bags of pellets and sell it locally so the profit I make pays for my buns food. Their veg is about a fiver a week maybe a little less I collect alot of forage as well. I have spent a bit on vets though vacc for all four buns and bluebell has has the emergency vet out 3 times this year! I expect about £500 in the past year on vets bills! I admit they are expensive compared to cats...one of my cats is 11 and other than his yearly vacc which are £35 a year and his castration he has been to the vet twice in his life!

I daren't look lol since the jubilee I've spent around £600 at the vets, and that's just on one bun :( iwouldnt be without my little best buddy though :love:

I daren't add them up, but have been enjoying only handing over £0.16 for 5 depocillin injections each time I've had to pick up more for Dill! (our vets bill on the cost of the medicine and don't seem to have a way of charging for the syringes and needles at the moment - I expect this will change soon!)

£80 on single jabs in feb (x2 each)
£198 on combi for life jabs (x1 each)
not brought pellets this year (I dont think)
I've had about 4 bales of hay at £7 each

which comes to £306

I've also spent about £350 on their new setup/toys/accessories :oops::lol:

Without the food/vet/bedding bills we have spent nearly £2500 this year just changing all their accommodation.

I stopped adding it up as it was getting scary!

no idea, I just tend to buy what I need as and when I need it

last month was £100 on Matilda at the vets!

£64 for both vaccines for this year

Spent £16 on giant hay bale which is lasting me for ages...Don't need any pellets for a while...Might buy some snuggly bits for winter though, but that can happen a little later on

Oh and will put £50 towards their new run as mum has agreed to help pay it :)

I dont want to add it up haha, but i went to the vets todat and just for august and the begining of this month my vets bills have added up to £200... plus ive brought a new hutch for about £200... the rest i cant remember but the number just keeps rising :lol:

good job i love the little fur babies :)

No idea but an absolute fortune.

I love my bunnies to bits but know if I knew the expense before I first got them I probably wouldn't have got them, I would be rich if it wasn't for Poppy.

Over £40 on 3x insurance per month, about £40 a month on veg plus hay and pellets,
Which is probably approx £20 a month. Any other treats (say £10). And then any vet treatment which the last few months has been probably at least £100-£150. So.....over £200 during a good month. That doesn't include petrol for the 45 min trip to he vet and then obv back. I now realise why I never manage to save what I should be each month, writing it down has really opened my eyes.

I only have 3 buns :shock:

I like to keep a record. It gives me an idea of how much things cost so I can have an idea of what future things may be so I know how much to have available in their account. It's also nice to know how often I go things like bales and bags of pellets.

Back