• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D the seller has withdrawn the summerhouse from ebay

Personally, I would swap the windows for mesh (less hot in summer), then you can hang mosquito nets over if you wish, or in winter shutters.

I say shutters - I have some horse-feed sack curtains on nails:oops::lol:

You add a hutch, stuff with hay & a snuggle safe & buns will be fine in winter:D

Personally, I would swap the windows for mesh (less hot in summer), then you can hang mosquito nets over if you wish, or in winter shutters.

I say shutters - I have some horse-feed sack curtains on nails:oops::lol:

You add a hutch, stuff with hay & a snuggle safe & buns will be fine in winter:D

Agrre, swap the windows for mesh and shutters and perhaps split the doors so they are 4 doors, if that makes sense, like a horse / barn door? That way, you can look in without having to open both doors :)

Will be so easy to make into a really nice home that would.

Stable doors, great idea. Need to consider delivery and reassembling costs, etc. Also need to ask if my family and OH will all chip in as a birthday present.

That is what I did last year. Got the bird aviary for the chinchillas for my birthday.

Helen you can't have it. :p Its mine.;)

Aw that's so sweet that you get it as a birthday present even though its for your buns/chinnies. :love:

On that basis, I will let you have it! :D

Aw that's so sweet that you get it as a birthday present even though its for your buns/chinnies. :love:

On that basis, I will let you have it! :D

I see new ones on ebay for £500 to £600 buy it now and most haven't been painted up like this one. It has gone from £10 yesterday to £82 today.

Love it, especially the verandah part. Fifteen bids so think it could go up quite a bit yet. Just decide how much you're prepared to pay and put in one of those hidden bid type things closer to teh end with an extra couple of pence on.
Lots of luck!

We got this one from a small local firm, York Timber Products. I bought it 5 or more years ago, for my hobbies but have now cleared it for bunnies. The window opens so doesn't need removing, just a fly screen fixed on the inside, to make it secure so we can then leave it open when buns are in.

My husband is doing that today. Then my birthday in a couple of weeks so my present is going to be a Runaround door and tunnel, which are going in the back wall of the shed, as that faces the garden.... and we have already got the materials to build a new run. We are moving the bunnies' big double hutch in there, but one bun may well be free range on the shed, as we know it is mouse/rat proof (unlike my outhouse which I never quite trusted to be rat free, despite plastering up all the holes in the walls, etc). We live by a river so lots of water rats in the gardens.

Bunnies will hopefully be moving in later today or tomorrow. We started stripping paint off the side (stupidly painted it rather than used wood preservative) and so the one side we started to strip has to be finished and wood stained today. I will do the rest in spring.

I have a corner summerhouse with long windows in it and it gets unbelievably hot, but then again if it was for bunny use some modification to the windows ie. change them for mesh etc I'm sure it would be fine.

We got this one from a small local firm, York Timber Products. I bought it 5 or more years ago, for my hobbies but have now cleared it for bunnies. The window opens so doesn't need removing, just a fly screen fixed on the inside, to make it secure so we can then leave it open when buns are in.

My husband is doing that today. Then my birthday in a couple of weeks so my present is going to be a Runaround door and tunnel, which are going in the back wall of the shed, as that faces the garden.... and we have already got the materials to build a new run. We are moving the bunnies' big double hutch in there, but one bun may well be free range on the shed, as we know it is mouse/rat proof (unlike my outhouse which I never quite trusted to be rat free, despite plastering up all the holes in the walls, etc). We live by a river so lots of water rats in the gardens.

Bunnies will hopefully be moving in later today or tomorrow. We started stripping paint off the side (stupidly painted it rather than used wood preservative) and so the one side we started to strip has to be finished and wood stained today. I will do the rest in spring.

Thats really lovely but out of our price range.

Didn't think about rats, we are about 150 metres from the river. 3 doors up is an Indian resturant, which must attract rats.

Sounds like your bunnies will have a fantastic set up.

I have a corner summerhouse with long windows in it and it gets unbelievably hot, but then again if it was for bunny use some modification to the windows ie. change them for mesh etc I'm sure it would be fine.

Its a very cool garden. On one side the wall is about 30 foot high and covered in plants and very high trees. The other side is 20 foot high bamboo, cannot even see the fence anymore.

Thats really lovely but out of our price range.

Didn't think about rats, we are about 150 metres from the river. 3 doors up is an Indian resturant, which must attract rats.

Sounds like your bunnies will have a fantastic set up.

Thanks. We will leave the window wide open but with mesh on a frame fixed behind it. We had rats in our compost heap a few years back - scared the life out of me (and I refused to use the compost after). But yes, if you're by a river, they are fairly unavoidable. I now have my compost bins sited on paving stones, and my neighbour has started 'collecting' cats which has probably reduced the number of rats! I bought this shed when I had more money - couldn't afford it now - but we hadn;t been using it fully so I decided to let the buns have it. They were in our outhouse with separate outdoors runs. One of them has a hutch and run set up in the garden, already. But I will put him in the shed overnight, over winter.

This shed doesn't get too hot as it is facing North and also in the shade of a weeping silver birch I planted at the front, and some climbing roses. It has an apple tree by the back (used to be trained along the back of the shed but it has gone all wild!)

We are near an old folks' home which has a lovely view of the river, but their kitchen rubbish out back probably attracts the rats as well. So an Indian restaurant might be a bit of a draw for them! Friend of mine with a smallholding told me he once watched in horror, as a rat dragged a wild bunny down into its rat hole. So they are very capable predators, I know.:shock:

Thanks. We will leave the window wide open but with mesh on a frame fixed behind it. We had rats in our compost heap a few years back - scared the life out of me (and I refused to use the compost after). But yes, if you're by a river, they are fairly unavoidable. I now have my compost bins sited on paving stones, and my neighbour has started 'collecting' cats which has probably reduced the number of rats! I bought this shed when I had more money - couldn't afford it now - but we hadn;t been using it fully so I decided to let the buns have it. They were in our outhouse with separate outdoors runs. One of them has a hutch and run set up in the garden, already. But I will put him in the shed overnight, over winter.

This shed doesn't get too hot as it is facing North and also in the shade of a weeping silver birch I planted at the front, and some climbing roses. It has an apple tree by the back (used to be trained along the back of the shed but it has gone all wild!)

We are near an old folks' home which has a lovely view of the river, but their kitchen rubbish out back probably attracts the rats as well. So an Indian restaurant might be a bit of a draw for them! Friend of mine with a smallholding told me he once watched in horror, as a rat dragged a wild bunny down into its rat hole. So they are very capable predators, I know.:shock:

OMG that is awful. The neighbours upstairs, who moved, had a cat. The guy we share the garden with has a dog, so maybe that puts them off. I haven't seen one yet. We have 3 huge 30 foot plus pear trees as well.

I don't know why, but I always thought water rats were not as bad as city rats.

Unfortunately because the dog shares the garden and its not secure, the bunnies will rarely be allowed out anyway.

Back