• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help - Leeds/wakefield area

wildchild91

Young Bun
Hi everyone, since april (roughly) I've been trying to bond my original female lop (5 yrs) Mollie, with Wellington, a male (rescue didnt know the age other than adult) I took from my local rspca.

In the neutral kitchen, the rabbits get on fine. Both have been on date up to 6 hours long, and will happily eat together, snuggle, and wellington grooms mollie without problem.

In their outdoor set up its a completely different story and each time its ended in a fight in about 5 minutes tops...I've disinfected their enclosure with vinegar before i put them back, I've had them in one pet carrier and driven them around, I've vaccummed up around the carrier then put them back, i've made a tiny enclosure within their space and all have ended up in a fight thats only been broken up because I've physically had to detatch them from each other.

Luckily I've had no injuries so far, other than flying fur but a few weeks ago I had a scare, I'd left the rabbits in the care of my brother, both were in their separate but ajascent enclosures, however when he went out to feed them in the morning, wellington had lept over the top of the divider into her section, and started fighting. I came rushing home and again, luckily neither seemed to have hurt the other apart from missing fur and nipped ears... Mollie looked to be in shock, but after being shut in a dark hutch with her heatpad she came around...The situation is now that I daredent leave both in their enclosures unattended because I know he can get over the barrier, so now im having to alternate, one has a day in the hutch while the other is loose, and vice versa...its not ideal and not fair on either of them. I'm pretty gutted and just at a complete loss of what to try now. the only thing I can think of would be to see if anyone in the leeds area, rescue or otherwise, could take them (I'd pay obviously) try and bond them in a neutral place (Im sure they'd be fine in a new place) for a few days, while i utterly gut their enclosure and disinfect the whole place...and then try again.

I'm just at a loss and I dont know what to do with them.

So i suppose thats what I'm asking, If I pay, is there anyone in the leeds/wakefield area, able to take my bunnies and try and bond them?

this is why I'm posting on here incase anyone knows of one/belongs to one that could help, all the ones I've tried calling/emailing so far dont offer it.

Back