• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick Trevor update/ pics p19

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Trevor has not been doing so well since the weekend. She has been tired and a bit down. Fluid has built up in her body again and she often looks a bit white and is cold :( But she is still eating well and loves being with her friends.

She had acupuncture again on Tuesday and Sarah felt her eyes didn't have the sparkle they used to have but is happy to continue treating her.

I have spoken to the vet and she is going back next week to have her heart checked unless of course she deteriorates before that and to discuss whether she still needs her hormone implant.

I think some of it is that Trevor is getting a bit fed up with all the bum bathing, meds and the general struggle with life :? :( She has taken it all in her stride incredibly well so far, I can't imagine many bunnies would cope with what she is going through, so i can't blame her for getting a bit miffed with it at times and having some down days.

despite all this her legs continue to improve, she kicks like crazy when she is bathed now! But there is still no sign of her being able to lift herself and take her own weight.

The other improvement is that during the past week she hasn't fallen over and got stuck once :D It has been really hard but when I have seen her fall over the past few weeks instead of rushing to help her up I have left her to try to sort it out on her own. When I say left her obviously I was there, right next to her giving her words of encouragement and when she did it herself she got lots of fuss :love: And it has worked, she can now get herself back up 99.9% of the times she does fall ( which isn;t very often now)

Because of this and to help cheer her up, last night for the first time, I left her out all night with the others instead of her going back in her cage. I was worried sick but she was fine. They were all curled up together in the middle of the floor when I got up :love: and she was a lot less wet than she normally is in her cage of a morning :D

It seems to have done her some good too as we have had a binkies in her sling this morning :lol: As long as she doesn't decide to bother Bobbi too much during the day now she is brighter I shall leave her again tonight :D

Ok so maybe the title was a lie :oops: A not so quick update on Trevor!

Last edited:
bless her :love: it's lovely to hear that she can spend more time with her bunny friends :D maybe this will help her get that spark back x

When did she last have her heart checked? The cardiologist wants to see my cat Salem very three months now (cardiomyopathy & heart failure) so maybe she needs her heart meds adjusting? Glad she's doing well. Hope she can get that spark back in her eyes. Sending lots of vibes for Trevor xx

Awww, bless her little heart :love: I really hope she continues to improve, it's quite amazing how far she's come :) Sending tons of vibes for this special little girly :D

She has definitely been brighter this morning. There is only the three of them today as Herman has been admitted for yet another dental x

She was only diagnosed 4 or 5 Weeks ago, so had meds for 10 days initially and then went back to get meds for 4 Weeks so needs to go back next week for another check up.

She definitely gets enough treats, but she might not think so!

Thanks for the update I have been wondering about your gorgeous Trevor :)

Glad to hear shes still fighting on, though theres bound to be days when it gets to her :(

Youre doing an absolutely amazing job with her :love:

Trevor really has had a much better day. I think when a bunny has so many problems it's easy to just focus on the medical side of things. When in reality it is just as important, if not more important, to remember to have fun, cuddles and generally enjoy life

:love: So glad she has had a better day today, maybe cuddling up with the others overnight helped her. Sending her nose rubs xxx

Thank you for the update, it is nice to hear how she is doing. Such a fighter.

Oh that's not long at all. Hope it's not her heart. Maybe she just needs more treats! Sending lots of vibes for Herman xx

Oh, and how can you update without a photo
?!

Here are a few pics taken late last night :love: She stayed out all night again and managed fine :D

P1030447.jpg

P1030449.jpg

P1030454.jpg

Here you can see the fluid build up. Some days are worse than others, I would say this is around medium :(
P1030458.jpg

Thank you so much for the update and the heartwarming photos.

They are just so totally enchanting. Even me after many years of caring for bunnies cannot fail to be moved by their warmth, love and tenderness towards each other and us.

Perfection.

And mustn't forget the.....................come on Trevor!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

And......what an incredible job you are doing Liz.:thumb: A huge pat on the back for you. x

Back