• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed on bathing bum of bunny who is petrified being held...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Olly needs a bum bath. :( it's not a poo problem, it's wee. He will not tolerate being picked up, he squeaks and whimpers and struggles like mad, as though I'm trying to kill him :cry: at the moment the only thing I can do is to lift his tail while he's sitting down, and cut the wet fur off him. He doesn't mind this unless I try to get too far underneath. I have got quite a bit off and he looks much better under there, but I can't do the bit directly around his genital bits obviously. I just don't know what to do. Luckily he lives indoors which makes things a bit easier. I know there's no chance of putting him in the sink or anything like that, he'd panic like mad. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you put his greens in a large somewhat shallow pan would he get into the pan to eat them? Make it so he has to climb into the pan to reach the greens. Once he is eating start petting him if he likes to be petted and pour warm water into the pan. Gently splash his underside with the water where the urine is. Just an idea.

Do you know why he is incontinent ? Sorry if you have already said elsewhere

If it is a chronic problem could the Vet clip him under sedation. Then you could just use a damp pad of cotton wool to wipe the urine from his skin and then apply a barrier cream to try to minimise the risk of urine scald.

Do you know why he is incontinent ? Sorry if you have already said elsewhere

If it is a chronic problem could the Vet clip him under sedation. Then you could just use a damp pad of cotton wool to wipe the urine from his skin and then apply a barrier cream to try to minimise the risk of urine scald.

Hi Jane, thanks for replying :wave: I don't know if it is EC related, as Olly does have a head tilt. But I panacur him regularly.
The thing is, it isn't all the time :? Last night I tested a theory that it's parsley related, and didn't give him any. This morning he is ok :) but I have another thread in the diet section about my dilemma with what to feed! Yes I would like to get him clipped, that would help a lot, but I'm trying not to take him to the vets unless absolutely necessary as they both get quite stressed :(

Last edited:
Back