• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just fell in love in p@h Coventry

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
With a beautiful friendly bunny in the adoption centre :love:

He's a bluey-black large lop. Maybe English lop or French? Not fully grown by the look of it, GIANT EARS!!!!!! And super friendly!!!!!

I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!

He's called Thor :love: I can't afford another bun or risking my two's bond so someone on RU should get him so I can keep up to date and see photos of him on here!!!! He's been in there for weeks and I'm so worried he'll go to a rubbish home :( and I'll miss him when he goes :oops:

HE'S SO HANDSOME AND WAS BEGGING FOR ATTENTION!!! :(

I think I've fallen rather too hard :oops: I'm way too pathetic.....

Except most of the time the rabbits in their adoption centre are just old stock they can't sell.

The often common lie of "my owners couldnt look after me anymore so i need a new home".

Sorry, but not many RU members agree with any purchase from P@H, myself included.

Actually he has no such lie on him. I did ask one of the staff the other week if he'd just gotten too old before being sold and she said something very genuinely about how he'd got there.... But I can't remember cause I drifted off as he was chinning me at the time.

I'm sorry I even mentioned it. But you know what, lots of the rabbits in p@h probably get neglected and die or end up in rescues too, so ignoring the fact they exist like they're some kind of disgusting vermin just because of who they were born to/for is just cruel. And acting as if I shouldn't be speaking about such rabbits because they've ended up in p@h is just mean tbh, in my opinion I felt like I was looking out for a rabbit who was at extra risk of suffering because of his massive size and being sold alongside the 5 foot hutches.

I won't bother in future then because obviously most people seem to think if they're sold at p@h it doesn't matter if they could easily be neglected.

Actually he has no such lie on him. I did ask one of the staff the other week if he'd just gotten too old before being sold and she said something very genuinely about how he'd got there.... But I can't remember cause I drifted off as he was chinning me at the time.

I'm sorry I even mentioned it. But you know what, lots of the rabbits in p@h probably get neglected and die or end up in rescues too, so ignoring the fact they exist like they're some kind of disgusting vermin just because of who they were born to/for is just cruel. And acting as if I shouldn't be speaking about such rabbits because they've ended up in p@h is just mean tbh, in my opinion I felt like I was looking out for a rabbit who was at extra risk of suffering because of his massive size and being sold alongside the 5 foot hutches.

I won't bother in future then because obviously most people seem to think if they're sold at p@h it doesn't matter if they could easily be neglected.

It is hard when you go in and see an lovely pet but you have to think of the bigger picture, when people buy from petshops they replace the sold pet with another so you are encouraging them to stock animals and pay breeders to breed, what about the parents of these rabbits who are kept in tiny hutches I am sure make mine chocolate organisation have some photos of the conditions the breeders keep the rabbits in if you want to have a look.

Every pet deserves a home where they will be loved and well cared for but no pet deserves to be sold in a pet shop.

If you choose to rescue you will free up a space in rescue for one of the bunnies who you are discussing living in unsuitable accommodation and unwanted.

Pets at,home,adoption

With a beautiful friendly bunny in the adoption centre :love:

He's a bluey-black large lop. Maybe English lop or French? Not fully grown by the look of it, GIANT EARS!!!!!! And super friendly!!!!!

I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!

He's called Thor :love: I can't afford another bun or risking my two's bond so someone on RU should get him so I can keep up to date and see photos of him on here!!!! He's been in there for weeks and I'm so worried he'll go to a rubbish home :( and I'll miss him when he goes :oops:

HE'S SO HANDSOME AND WAS BEGGING FOR ATTENTION!!! :(

I think I've fallen rather too hard :oops: I'm way too pathetic.....
wE

While,i suspect my opinion,on here,will not b popular. What happens to,these buns,who will not b adopted by,responsible rabbit owners on ru. They probably will end up having a rubbish life with a bad owner, and end up suffering or if,they r " lucky" in a rescue centre. While I understand why members are against pet shops, I dont think leaving them there to the mercy of just anyone is the answer.

It is hard when you go in and see an lovely pet but you have to think of the bigger picture, when people buy from petshops they replace the sold pet with another so you are encouraging them to stock animals and pay breeders to breed, what about the parents of these rabbits who are kept in tiny hutches I am sure make mine chocolate organisation have some photos of the conditions the breeders keep the rabbits in if you want to have a look.

Every pet deserves a home where they will be loved and well cared for but no pet deserves to be sold in a pet shop.

If you choose to rescue you will free up a space in rescue for one of the bunnies who you are discussing living in unsuitable accommodation and unwanted.

I think you missed my point, I am in no position to rescue or buy a rabbit. And if I was, yes I'd most likely rescue. I was just worried in particular for this rabbit, due to his breed and where he's being sold. He's already tripping over his ears, and he's probably at 3kg+ at a young age. I was worried that due to his breed he is extremely likely to be neglected if he's picked up by anyone who knows little about rabbits/is unwilling to learn. Which I'd assume is unfortunately a lot of owners who buy from this shop.

Don't worry I'm not going to be able to buy him (which from these posts it's seems like I'd be considered disgusting and evil if I did...), but this fact makes me very sad due to his increased chances of neglect :(

What is a P @ H adoption centre anyway (been quite a while since I set foot in a pet shop- I source bunny supplies on the Internet and get stuff delivered). Where do they get the buns from? Are they ones people bought from there and then took them back as they no longer wanted them? If so, I would think they would have quite a few. Do they do home checks?

While,i suspect my opinion,on here,will not b popular. What happens to,these buns,who will not b adopted by,responsible rabbit owners on ru. They probably will end up having a rubbish life with a bad owner, and end up suffering or if,they r " lucky" in a rescue centre. While I understand why members are against pet shops, I dont think leaving them there to the mercy of just anyone is the answer.

The more they sell the more they will stock and even if every RU member went out and brought a pair of pet shop rabbit it wouldn't stop the other pet shop rabbits falling into unsuitable homes, they would just increase their order from the farm who breeds for them. However the ones who were brought and unwanted later who were not being cared for would have to stay that way as the rescues would not have space if people take rabbits from pet shops instead of rescue.

I think you missed my point, I am in no position to rescue or buy a rabbit. And if I was, yes I'd most likely rescue. I was just worried in particular for this rabbit, due to his breed and where he's being sold. He's already tripping over his ears, and he's probably at 3kg+ at a young age. I was worried that due to his breed he is extremely likely to be neglected if he's picked up by anyone who knows little about rabbits/is unwilling to learn. Which I'd assume is unfortunately a lot of owners who buy from this shop.

Don't worry I'm not going to be able to buy him (which from these posts it's seems like I'd be considered disgusting and evil if I did...), but this fact makes me very sad due to his increased chances of neglect :(

I was agreeing with u.

I do not think it is disgusting or evil for you to want to buy him, you have obviously formed a bond with the bunny and want to do something for him, that is not a bad thing and it is terribly hard to walk away.

I was just trying to explain that the bunny will be replaced with another.

What is a P @ H adoption centre anyway (been quite a while since I set foot in a pet shop- I source bunny supplies on the Internet and get stuff delivered). Where do they get the buns from? Are they ones people bought from there and then took them back as they no longer wanted them? If so, I would think they would have quite a few. Do they do home checks?

No they don't do home checks :( I think some may be ones brought back, most are ones that's haven't been sold but all their siblings have and now they're much older so not seen to be as cute and speaking to the younger rabbits :( there are some in different situations though. I know this bun had a massive RSPCA sign on his enclosure and I've seen that once in another p@h and I thought it said something about p@h working with them but I'm not sure as that seems unlikely as RSPCA would require home checks :s

The more they sell the more they will stock and even if every RU member went out and brought a pair of pet shop rabbit it wouldn't stop the other pet shop rabbits falling into unsuitable homes, they would just increase their order from the farm who breeds for them. However the ones who were brought and unwanted later who were not being cared for would have to stay that way as the rescues would not have space if people take rabbits from pet shops instead of rescue.

I know what u,r,saying, but,there will always b pet shops no matter what. These poor rabbits dont ask to,end,up there and surely deserve a chance of a loving home.

I know what u,r,saying, but,there will always b pet shops no matter what. These poor rabbits dont ask to,end,up there and surely deserve a chance of a loving home.

Definitely agree with this.

I do think people should rescue where possible, but there are situations where rabbits may need to be "rescued" from specific situtations for unique reasons, like a giant from a pet shop. Making people feeling guilty because they've suggested such a thing and saying not to buy anything from a pet shop will not stop there being pet shops. If the whole of RU doesn't buy from there it doesn't stop the rest of the world. The only way to change the situation is to stop them selling or make home checks compulsory through legislation.

I agree too, I go in to buy my hay and I know people won't like that but it's the closest place to me. I go in and see and the bunnies in there and want to take them
All home everytime I see one but obviously I couldn't afford it so I just go in have a quick look and just check they don't look poorly then buy my hay ! I do agree that they will just be replaced but I agree with you wanting to take the bunny home too , at least you would have known he was going to a good home :)

Just because someone doesn't agree it doesn't mean they don't understand what you're trying to say :wave:

You didn't say anything in your first post about being concerned over the welfare of this rabbit for any particular reason. If there was a serious risk to the rabbit then I think it'd be more understandable that you are saying you want someone who is experienced to get him.

Just because someone doesn't agree it doesn't mean they don't understand what you're trying to say :wave:

You didn't say anything in your first post about being concerned over the welfare of this rabbit for any particular reason. If there was a serious risk to the rabbit then I think it'd be more understandable that you are saying you want someone who is experienced to get him.

I think I just assumed people would pick up on me mentioning his large breed and know that's why I wanted to see him somewhere safe. :(

He's perfectly happy and healthy in the store though :) maybe lonely :( I've got my fingers crossed that someone will get him who then learns lots and keeps him well :) after all I got Harvey on an impulse from a garden centre but I still look after him and have learnt a lot about rabbits since! I just worry that most people wouldn't do that and he's at risk of suffering more in the hands of someone inexperienced due to his size :(

I think I just assumed people would pick up on me mentioning his large breed and know that's why I wanted to see him somewhere safe. :(

He's perfectly happy and healthy in the store though :) maybe lonely :( I've got my fingers crossed that someone will get him who then learns lots and keeps him well :) after all I got Harvey on an impulse from a garden centre but I still look after him and have learnt a lot about rabbits since! I just worry that most pPppppeople wouldn't do that and he's at risk of suffering more in the hands of someone inexperienced due to his size :(

I totally get what u are saying. Fingers crossed he does find a good home.

I don't agree with the way pet shops buy and sell rabbits but at the same time I feel for the poor rabbits in that situation. I would never boycott a pet shop bunny in need of rescuing from a pet shop if I was in a positions to rescue the bun just to make a point to the pet shop. It is not the poor bunny's fault that he ended up in a shop and not a rescue. A big bun who reaches adulthood in a pet shop has very little chance of finding a home.

Back