• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Officer Riley Finn has reported for duty for the final time....

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Where do i start with Riley :love:, he was brought to my attention when Cerys (jetstreem) pm'd me asking if i thought he was an english lop. I rekon he was a french lop x enlgish lop. I then found he only had 3 legs due to having an abscess in his front leg and shoulder blade :(. I wanted that bunny, but there was an issue, he was in Northern Ireland :(. As it turns out Nicki's (minimallow) sister was coming over from N.I. for chrsitmas that year and she would happily bring Riley (then known as Finn) over to me :thumb::love:.

So i collected Riley at a local services, and bonded him with Taffy :love: Taffy loves a disabled bunny having previous lived with Trio and Flynn :love:. The bond was very easy and they were very inlove.
About a year ago, Big Oose came to live with us. She decided she liked the smell of Riley so much, she would jump the 4ft barrier to be with him and Taffy :shock:, and a trio began :love:.

Riley was a big gentle boy who for a large breed coped very well with his missing leg, though near the end he was very sore with arthritus and he had various lumps and bumps, all to be expected with an elderly bunny. He was on metacam when he needed it, and he enjoyed being part of a bonded group of 8, finding it so much nicer to have 7 bunnies to lean on :love:.

He had been deteriorating for about 5 days, and on Sunday when i went to check him at 7:30 he was collapsed on the shed floor :cry:. He was alive, but in a bad way. He had a few minor fits, but he held on. We phoned the emergency vet and asked if we could bring him in, as we did not want him to suffer when he was clearly ready to go :cry:.

I will never forget, when i got in the passenger side of the car, with Riley on my lap, he looked at me, his old eyes, with a glint of hope in them. As we pulled away, his head went back in another small fit, and i believe then, his brain gave up, though he was still alive, we got about half way to the vet when he gave his last breath :cry:. It was so peaceful i dont even know when it happened.

Riley, you really were amazing, i will miss hearing the thud as you walked along. I will miss your amazing dead bunny flops. I will miss you grunting when i clean up. I will miss stroking your wonderful big face. I will miss every hair on your body. I hope you what you meant to me, how much i love you. All your bunny friends will miss you, especially Taffy who was now outlived her 3rd husbun :cry: and Big Oose who so dearly wanted to be your friend :cry:.

432176_10150725063101416_1701761358_n.jpg

544634_10150753995321416_1518333092_n.jpg

newhutch016-1.jpg

25c67ad3-5270-4e7b-8fa8-d4c91a47ee54.jpg

fba5fcca-1548-4297-99de-973cbe3d5bd9.jpg

I am so, so sorry, he was such a special lad and i am honoured to have met him.

Night, night handsome xx

Oh I'm so sorry about Riley Finn Sharon what sad news :cry:

Binky free forever at the Bridge Riley Finn xxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xxxxx

This made me cry, I could feel your grief as I read it :( I'm so sorry for your loss, love and hugs to you and the friends your boy has left behind.

Rest in peace beautiful Riley Finn :cry:

Oh no :cry: He was such a special and beautiful little man. I'm so sorry hon....I know how you adored him.

Back