• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Changes in poo *warning rabbit poo photos*

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I gave Harvey a cuddle this morning and when I put him down I had a teeny drop of golden liquidy poo on me, but he's eating fine, pretending as though I've starved him all his life :roll:, so I'm not too concerned.

Just thought I should check his litter tray for signs of diarrohea though and found some poos which ate not normal for my two. They're both excellent hay eaters but despite this their poos have always been dark and never golden like everyone on here says they should be :( but they're healthy happy bunnies who eat a lot of hay so it's not worried me too much. However this morning I was treated to pile of golden poops in amongst the normal dark ones, so one of them has poo which has changed colour!

I know golden is the "good" colour, but is a change in colour still bad though? No dietary changes, or different hay so it's not that :s I'm going to monitor him but just thought if ask if golden poo is actually a good thing and I'm being silly to worry!

Here's some pics of the poos, there are two obvious colours, one from each bun (assuming the gold are Harvey's after he had golden mush on him)

F3ABCC13-970A-40E8-8075-1B0D51F82478-1781-000003117BAC6E0F.jpg

C85954EC-575A-4CAC-93AE-4DD32646E7D8-1781-0000031186981807.jpg

As far as I am aware, for a bun to have golden poo is good because it means said Bun is eating lots of hay :D

As far as I am aware, for a bun to have golden poo is good because it means said Bun is eating lots of hay :D

Those are good looking poos!

Golden poos are what most 'healthy' buns should be producing.

They will get a little smaller and darker when eating lots of grass :wave:

Rupert does big golden ones, and Tia's are abit darker.... they eat the same amount of hay tho :)

Golden poos are good because you know they're getting plenty of hay! :)

They all look like healthy poos to me :) even the dark ones have golden speckles in them :thumb:

Yay :D glad these are good looking and not scary looking :) they've not been eating much more hay than usual lately though :/ and are eating the same amount as each other so it's frustrating they're both not golden!

Going to keep an eye on Harvey though, just checked his bum and it's very clean but it smells bad :( maybe it's Lilly with the beautiful poos?!?

Yay :D glad these are good looking and not scary looking :) they've not been eating much more hay than usual lately though :/ and are eating the same amount as each other so it's frustrating they're both not golden!

Going to keep an eye on Harvey though, just checked his bum and it's very clean but it smells bad :( maybe it's Lilly with the beautiful poos?!?

It could be his scent glands. Might be worth checking those.

They are located either side of the anus - i'll see if i can find a thread on cleaning them.

They are located either side of the anus - i'll see if i can find a thread on cleaning them.[/QUOTE]

If you do, think I'll have to put you on 'ignore'. :lol:

They are located either side of the anus - i'll see if i can find a thread on cleaning them.

I'll be keeping an eye on him just in case :) he's normally a very clean unsmelly bunny so it's a bit weird, BUT he was still sleeping as I picked him up (noone told him that rabbits are prey animals I think :roll:) so maybe they'd become smelly during his nap and he hadn't had a chance to clean them :p

Back