• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Doe With Herniated Bladder-Anyone Had any Experience of This

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
If so a new member, 'Renzas3d' , would appreciate any advice or information you may be able to share

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...niated-Bladder&p=5539303&posted=1#post5539303

What happened with your bunny? I have an 8 year old dwarf rabbit that appears to have a herniated bladder but the vets have never seen it in a rabbit before and are consulting some other vets before proceeding. What was the outcome of Marble's surgery? I brought my rabbit in with a bulge about the size of an egg on her belly and the syringe draw pulled urine. An X-ray then revealed what appears to be her entire bladder outside her abdominal wall. She was spayed at 6 months old and has never had any health issues until now. She still eats, drinks and plays normally. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks so much :)

Please post it on this thread not the one in the link, to avoid confusion

TIA :)

Herniated bladder

If so a new member, 'Renzas3d' , would appreciate any advice or information you may be able to share

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...niated-Bladder&p=5539303&posted=1#post5539303

Please post it on this thread not the one in the link, to avoid confusion

TIA :)

Yes, please! My vet treats tons of rabbits, but has never seen this. He is consulting with other vets in an international network, but so far my bunny seems to be the only rabbit they've heard of this happening to. She is a healthy 8 year old that was spayed at 6 months old. She still eats, drinks, snuggles, hops and plays. When I discovered the lump in her abdomen I took her in and a syringe draw pulled urine. X-rays look as though her entire bladder is out of the abdominal wall. I am sure surgery is the only answer, but wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has experience with this. Thank you so much in advance. Anything helps :)

Back