• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digby is booked in U/D spoke to vet re what to do next

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I have booked him in for a skull X-ray and thorough examination of his teeth. He has had daily metacam for the last 2 months for his eye/nose/throat issue, whatever it is, and while he's on it he's so much better, so something is obviously amiss. If I even miss one day of metacam his eyes look terrible, really sunken into their sockets :cry: so hopefully this will get to the bottom of it..

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I am quite nervous as Digby gets very stressed going to the vets :cry: Daisy will be going with him, but I'm going to be so worried :(

I've just been getting the carry box ready for the morning, the stress is building now :( :( I HATE taking them to the vets. And I hate that they'll feel like I've abandoned them somewhere scary, and might not come back for them :( especially as, being rescue buns, they have been abandoned before. I hate it!! My poor babies. And I'm so worried about the anaesthetic, I'm praying Digby will be ok, he's such a stresshead anyway :( please can he have some more vibes?

I left them at 8.30 :( the vet was really annoyed that I took Daisy too :( he said she can't be with him when he's coming round from the anaesthetic. I insisted that they are put together until he has it, but he wasn't happy. I'm annoyed aswell, because when I joined the practice, I was told that rabbits are kept in a separate place to the dogs and cats, but he just said that they're not :(:( they're going to be so scared. I'm going to look for a new vet asap. And it's going to cost between £200-£320 :shock: was expecting about £100!!! Hope petplan will pay...
I was trying not to cry when I left, I hope they're ok :(

Well the vet has rung me, Digby's roots looked normal on X-rays apart from one, so he has had some of his molars burred to ease the pressure on it :( he rang as soon as he'd finished so Digby hadn't yet woken up. I hope he's alright. But the fact that he's had dental work done means petplan probably won't pay :( I'm going to be so broke!! Just hope he feels better for it.

I am glad you stood up to the vet and insisted Daisy stay, it will be great comfort to Digby.

I didn't think Pets at home would pay for Mr B's dental but they did. I have Petplan for Bandit and they do cover dental. I remember being surprised.

Hope Digby is going to be fine.

Bad news :cry: the vet rang me again, he was writing up Digby's notes and examined his X-rays in more detail - before he was just looking at his teeth, because that's why he went in. But, he's now noticed severe changes in one of his inner ears :( he said it looks very damaged/diseased :cry: he said he could do with more detailed imaging, but we will discuss the options later when I pick him up. My poor poor boy :(

Bad news :cry: the vet rang me again, he was writing up Digby's notes and examined his X-rays in more detail - before he was just looking at his teeth, because that's why he went in. But, he's now noticed severe changes in one of his inner ears :( he said it looks very damaged/diseased :cry: he said he could do with more detailed imaging, but we will discuss the options later when I pick him up. My poor poor boy :(

sounds like inner ear abscess . . would account for some of the problems.

as you are having problems with present vet and inner ears are a nightmare perhaps time for a change?

Sorry the update is so worrying. :( I'm out later, but will think of you as you go to collect him, and hope he is as well in himself as can be expected.

Is Daisy doing fine just now? xx

Back