• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do so many people think that.....

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
..............................my bunny care business is just a joke!!!!!!!!

I constantly hear.."still doing the bunnies?" usually in a patronizing or condescending manner.

Most times I laugh it off............sometimes I shock them by saying I care for bunnies who have come from as far away as Shropshire and Cornwall. Disabled, special needs, young and old bunnies. The numptys then seem speechless and in total :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: Serves them right.

I know I shouldn't gloat.................................but I will!!!:D:D:lol::lol:

I love my job passionately!!!! My own boss and my own demands to meet. How many people can say that I wonder?

Lucky, lucky me. And all those people who thought I wouldn't last more than a few months......well I tell them that I'm now in my 10th year of business and still going from strength to strength. :D:D:D:D

That's better now I've got that off my chest.

Last edited:
You KNOW what non bunny folk are like.Totally do not understand any point of why we do with our bunnies what we do.
Hold your head up high,Girl, Gloat at them and make them eat their words.xx

You KNOW what non bunny folk are like.Totally do not understand any point of why we do with our bunnies what we do.
Hold your head up high,Girl, Gloat at them and make them eat their words.xx

Thanks Yvette. x

Wait 'till they see me on tv with Toyah and her bunny Willy Fred!!!! That will shock them even more. Tee hee.......

If I got a pound for every time someone was condescending or not understanding, I could retire by now.
People who don't have bunnies will never get it. Until recently my friend didn't either but ever since she got her bunnies, she's is smitten. She now understand how I have been feeling all these years. People understand about dogs and cats but when it comes to rabbits, people can still be so very ignorant.

Especially when it comes to how much I love my buns, they roll their eyes :roll:
Cause really, how can a bunny be like a child to you. I care and love my bunnies deeply and the mere thought of something happening to them is enough to make me well up (I know, soppy cow).

So yes be VERY proud of what you do! You should be. It's amazing you have been doing it for 10 years and I think you should receive a standing ovation instead of patronizing people.

So imagine me getting of my chair right now and giving you a good old round of applause.

..............................my bunny care business is just a joke!!!!!!!!

I constantly hear.."still doing the bunnies?" usually in a patronizing or condescending manner.

Most times I laugh it off............sometimes I shock them by saying I care for bunnies who have come from as far away as Shropshire and Cornwall. Disabled, special needs, young and old bunnies. The numptys then seem speechless and in total :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: Serves them right.

I know I shouldn't gloat.................................but I will!!!:D:D:lol::lol:

I love my job passionately!!!! My own boss and my own demands to meet. How many people can say that I wonder?

Lucky, lucky me. And all those people who thought I wouldn't last more than a few months......well I tell them that I'm now in my 10th year of business and still going from strength to strength. :D:D:D:D

That's better now I've got that off my chest.

I'm still 'early days' compared to you, but I have exactly the same experience! Loads of people sniggered, tutted or rolled their eyes (or all three!) when i told them about my new venture, but they've had to eat their words now!

In just over a year, we've expanded from having 3 boarding cages to 28, we've grown our customer database from 35 at Christmas 2011 to 125 and we're increasing that number by welcoming new customers every week, we also have customers travelling from far afield and we're taking vet referrals to provide intensive care and nursing for sick animals.

I'm even considering giving up my 'day job' to expand the business into dog walking and home visits for cats/birds, etc! Like you, I love my job.....caring for the boarders is so rewarding, I actually find caring for the 'special' or sick ones especially rewarding. I feel extremely proud every day of the quality service we offer, I have made some lovely new friends (both human and furry, LOL!) and I am humbled and honoured that my customers trust me to care for their precious pets.

If I were to take the plunge and give up the day-job, the prospect of completely being my own boss is very tempting, and I already have my first dog walking client lined up!

It's so nice to be able to wipe the smug smile off people's face, isn't it? And go on, toot your own horn......why not! ;)

Tracey

Ah the age old struggle that all us bunny lovers have to deal with :roll:
I get fed up of explaining myself and putting on a brave face when someone makes an oh so original comment about cooking my rabbits :evil: You just have to remind yourself how fulfilled your life is and how much joy your rabbits bring to you and try not to let ignorant comments get to you.
It is hard though, especially for us sensitive bunny folks!

Ohhh your not to far from me, Im planning my next trip to America, not sure when yet, may even be next year now.
Good to know someone i trust isnt to far away, Do you cater for snobby indoor Thugs? :lol:

Havent had bunnies long - but I used to be one those people who didn't quite 'get it' - although I am passionate about all animals so I wouldn't be doing the rolling eyes thing and I think it is amazing what you do - and am very envious too!

When I tell people about my bunnies, I laugh and joke along with them when they talk about eating them - and even say that I'm feeding them up so I get a decent winter coat out of them... and I threaten my babies with the pot when they do something naughty (I just get the look of 'as if' and 'whatever')...

People who don't have bunnies don't understand - and they won't until they've had one themselves. So I feel very sorry for them in their ignorance and what they're missing out on, but I don't take their comments seriously...no point. My bunnies are happy and healthy (touch wood) - and THAT is what matters...

Ohhh your not to far from me, Im planning my next trip to America, not sure when yet, may even be next year now.
Good to know someone i trust isnt to far away, Do you cater for snobby indoor Thugs? :lol:

Hello :wave: I'm not sure if your question was to me or to Mrs. Bunnykins, but if it was to me, then yes, we do cater for snobby indoor thugs...LOL! All of our accommodation is indoors, with outdoor runs on hardstanding (if outdoor time is needed). Tracey

It was to miss bunnykins, somehow overlooked your right by me too!:oops:

See my out door quad are Catered for by the mother in law when my other half and I go away but Poppet and Oliver are going to need someone whos willing to give Ploppy her Medinoms, each evening she'd need a regulated temperature too if she gets too chilly her snuffles gets bad :/

It was to miss bunnykins, somehow overlooked your right by me too!:oops:

See my out door quad are Catered for by the mother in law when my other half and I go away but Poppet and Oliver are going to need someone whos willing to give Ploppy her Medinoms, each evening she'd need a regulated temperature too if she gets too chilly her snuffles gets bad :/

Hiya, well, we're very well used to giving Medinoms and the boarding room is kept at a pretty much constant temperature. If ever you want to pop round for a look, I'd love to hear from you. Tracey x

Back