• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Accidental Biting

Bailey:)

Warren Scout
Hello everyone!

Basically, Bailey is a bit of a devil when it comes to food. He will finish his treat and then go for Lolas. I usually feed him two while she eats her one in peace, poor thing.

However, she has now started to try and grab it from me quick and run off.. getting my finger in the proccess :lol: (She does this even when Bailey is busy with his own treat)

As the title says, Lola has biten me twice by accident now in the past week. Not deep bites, nips really but the last one had a small amount of blood.

I honestly don't mind the nips however my younger sister will be feeding my buns for the next two weeks while i'm in Flordia :)D) and I don't want her to get scared off if she gets nipped.

Has anyone got some advice about ways we can get Lola to be careful? :wave:

I woulld advise you to keep your fingers out of reach.

Well that goes without saying :lol:

Anyone had some sort of experiance like this?

Just looking to see if anyone had a bunny that's similar and somehow managed to calm them down.

No real problem if not, they don't really hurt after the first 7 seconds or so, just would be nice to get her away from leaping for food :)

I have this problem with my boy Max, whos basically a greedy piglet and flies at every morsel I offer him like its his last, grunting madly all the way :roll: He has accidentally bitten me twice, OH once and our poor bunnysitter who still has a scar (mortified!)

I dont know what the solution is to be honest. I try getting whatever it is quietly so he wont notice but he ALWAYS does, I can never just place the food/treat/hay down first, hes so eager he HAS to take it from my hand before I have chance. I just have to try and hold whatever it is by the very tips of my fingers :roll:

Let me know if you find an answer!!

Not a lot you can do. B used to do this, I'd just put his (non-tip) bowl down quick and move my fingers away sharpish! Its also harder for them to bite if you get them to periscope for the food.

He's calmed down now he gets more food than he can eat because of his health problems.

Our boy has bitten my OH and me each - purely by accident in the rush to get to his food...silly little piglet - he sounds like a pig as well, all that grunting and then the slobbering and crunching when he gets to his food.

You just have to be quick about it that's all - and we tend to try put a small bit of food in next first, next to where we put his main food and whilst he is hoovering that up, put in his main food.

Glad ours isn't the only one that acts as though we never feed him.

Back