• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there any chance two drawf rabbits can live together again?

There are five(5) Noweigian Dwarf Rabbits, two bucks are 4-5 months old and the other three are only 9 weeks old.

There is an issue on those two bucks,
They started to live happily after having purchased from local rabbit farm, but recently the bigger one in size started to chase continuously and viciously the smaller one wanting to hump him. Until this happened, they were cleaning each other, cuddling, playing, etc. All went very smooth.

Having seen their sexual matuarity, I seperated them in two different cages, but sets side by side which enables to see each other. It appears to me that they still care about each other, yet can not live together due to sexual maturity.

My question is;
Is there any chance that they can go back to live together in the original cage?
Once sexual maturity, all rabbits need to live alone for the rest of his/her life?

Your imputs and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rabbits that are neutered/spayed can live together. It's actually best because they're very social and get lonely if kept alone. if you neutered the 2 boys that fought you could then wait a few weeks till their hormones settle and then bond them. if you look up the bonding process on this forum you'll find info on how to do it.

I would get the 9 wk olds done after their testicles drop, hopefully before they start fighting so that you don't have to bond them (bonding can be a complicated process).

Where abouts are you from OP? If there are any rabbit savvy (knowledgable) vets near you then I would recommend speaking to them about neutering your buns. Then you can slowly reintroduce them back to one another!

Back