• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WIth winter around the corner.

I have been thinking of making a "box" type thing for the buns. It is getting very cold at night already. usually they have "nesting" boxes but that doesn't work. Im just curious as to what kind of bedding to use? i was thinking of using straw(like they use for horses) since we get some every winter anyway(to put around the house where cold air gets in). but I am not for sure if it is the safest,like if they eat it.

They can have straw for bedding. It is OK if they eat it, doesn't do them any harm, but it is better if they eat hay, so if they are nibblers then I would recommend using hay as bedding instead of straw. That way it makes no odds if they eat the hay :)

Okay thank you!! I just have problems with Trigger. I have 0 idea of how old she is but she has problems with the weather. It has to be anywhere from 60-70 for her ot be comfortable and not look miserable. It could be 100+ and Oreo will be layin in the sun and stay there all day :roll:

During the colder months I use straw as it is better for warmth and trapping dead air. This year I am quite worried about Pebbles as he has quite short hair compared to Rosie who is a huge fluff ball. Will be taking extra precautions with him.

Also don't worry too much about them eating it, Rosie has eaten straw before and she was fine. Bit of roughage wont do any harm :wave:

Back