• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear indeed. UD post 20.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I've just found a very suspicious looking growth on Angel's ear. Terrifying. Vets tomorrow :-(

Last edited:
Thanks :-( already off to the vets tomorrow with heart failing Dopey and dental Wish.

Part of it came off in my hand like A chink if his ear almost. It's like part of his ear is a scab yet it hardly bled when it came off. It's like it goes all through his ear not on the surface. But he had a dental last week and no one mentioned it so it may be really new. Im holding onto me being a moron and it just being a scab from his cannula- never seen anything like it though.

if it is what I think you are suspecting (a melanoma) then please bear in mind the success Parsley has had with his treatments.

Hoping it is just a bit of old scab though . .

Good luck at vets

Thanks :-( already off to the vets tomorrow with heart failing Dopey and dental Wish.

Part of it came off in my hand like A chink if his ear almost. It's like part of his ear is a scab yet it hardly bled when it came off. It's like it goes all through his ear not on the surface. But he had a dental last week and no one mentioned it so it may be really new. Im holding onto me being a moron and it just being a scab from his cannula- never seen anything like it though.

I have known a venous puncture to cause necrosis and the Rabbit lost a large part of her ear. It just all went scabby and fell off :shock:
She was totally unfazed by it and carried on life there-after perfectly fine, just without a bit of ear.

Thanks for the good luck vibes :)

I have known a venous puncture to cause necrosis and the Rabbit lost a large part of her ear. It just all went scabby and fell off :shock:
She was totally unfazed by it and carried on life there-after perfectly fine, just without a bit of ear.

That would be grand :thumb: That could be very plausable because he does have a chunk missing now (not a large chunk though), after it came off yesterday but I've been messing about with it and looking clearly in proper light and the original thing that fell off doesn't seem to currently extend much further, but there was some dubious stuff on the top, so I was looking at that and that has come off leaving nice skin underneath. So I don't know. But he's so off anyway that he will still be going to the vets today. I'll get her to look at his ear whilst there.

Hope the vets trip proves to provide you with 'better' news that you're thinking Sky :wave:

*hugs* for a stressful time.

Both of our boys have lost bits of ear after having GA dentals - Dill only lost a little bit and looked like a pirate for a while until the fur grew and disguised it, Willow still looks like he's been in a bad fight and now neither have GA through the ear veins!

Ok, we're back. Bad news for Dopey 2, expected news for Wish.

Angel, on the other hand is a bit of an anomaly, but she doesn't think it's cancer. She thinks necrosis is most likely, having looked very closely at it. So keep an eye, but not worry too much. All around it looks healthy, so hopefully that will be it :)

Thanks for all the vibes and thoughts.

Back