• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raising money for Bobo's neuter - what is more popular dried or fresh forage?

What should I sell to de-plum Bobo?

• Fresh Forage

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Dried forage

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Both -

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Ok - hope to attach a poll!!!

I have taken in a lovely huge fawn coloured French Lop called Bobo who boarded with me for 3 months a couple of years ago. His owners have now returned to Hong Kong and did not feel they should take him (rightly so I feel - he is a big bun who does not like heat).

I will be rehoming him as soon as I can find a home that will have him as an indoor bun as he loves people, and also has an old injury to one of his big fuzzy footsies (was broken when a baby and they dropped him) so needs to be kept an eye on..

However he still has his plums and I need to raise some money to get them off!!!!

My only way is via selling forage (as I am NOT a rescue)

So what would people prefer to buy . . . .
dried forage (cheaper for postage and good for winter - but at present I only have dandelions dried and it will be a while to get other forage dried);
or fresh forage - more expensive for postage but very very very yummy!! and I have lots of stuff.

Please answer the poll - and once I have an idea I will either re-activate my old forage threads or set up a new 'dried forage' thread.

I need to ask as the market for fresh forage seems to have run down completely but maybe I am just not active enough in pushing it!

PS Bobo says can there be a poll option for letting him keep his plums???

Last edited:
Ok - hope to attach a poll!!!

I have taken in a lovely huge fawn coloured French Lop called Bobo who boarded with me for 3 months a couple of years ago. His owners have now returned to Hong Kong and did not feel they should take him (rightly so I feel - he is a big bun who does not like heat).

I will be rehoming him as soon as I can find a home that will have him as an indoor bun as he loves people, and also has an old injury to one of his big fuzzy footsies (was broken when a baby and they dropped him) so needs to be kept an eye on..

However he still has his plums and I need to raise some money to get them off!!!!

My only way is via selling forage (as I am NOT a rescue)

So what would people prefer to buy . . . .
dried forage (cheaper for postage and good for winter - but at present I only have dandelions dried and it will be a while to get other forage dried);
or fresh forage - more expensive for postage but very very very yummy!! and I have lots of stuff.

Please answer the poll - and once I have an idea I will either re-activate my old forage threads or set up a new 'dried forage' thread.

I need to ask as the market for fresh forage seems to have run down completely but maybe I am just not active enough in pushing it!

PS Bobo says can there be a poll option for letting him keep his plums???

Died forage gets the vote here :D

I'd quite like both. Parsley loves anything that remotely resembles food so I can get him to eat dried stuff.
Angel and Bailey are a little more picky and prefer fresh foods.
I'll be looking out for your threads so I can get some from you!!!
:)

I've put both as they like either, maybe if you could do half and half packs to send out to those of us who might want a bit of both?

I'd say dry because i've ordered fresh forage from a couple of people but due to working etc sometimes I can't pick the stuff up for a few days and when I get there it's all soggy and ruined (boohoo) and wasn't able to give it to the buns.

2 of mine say fresh, one says dried (You kindly made Bobby up some dried stuff last time you had a thread!)
I agree with one of the suggestions above, a half and half pack would be great!

Just a note to let everyone know how wonderful thisforage is. My buns can't get enough, even one lady of a slightly more advanced age who was turning up her cute little nose at other items I offered in an attempt to build a bit of muscle & weight. I can not recommend this stuff enough.

Back