• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisie

mattyp

Warren Veteran
Maisie was unfortunately put down on Friday. She had her myxi and VHD jabs just the day before and I'm not sure what happened but she somehow contracted Pneumonia overnight. In the morning she was struggling to breathe and was had fluid dribbling from her nose. She was rushed to the vets where it became apparent she had lost 25% of her weight since her last check up before the jab and that there was likely some underlying condition that had come on as she aged. Due to this the vet thought Maisie had a very slim chance of recovery and recommended that we have her PTS. As I didn't want to see her suffer I agreed and she was PTS. I stayed with her the whole time and was very upset and was in shock for quite a while after as it really came out of the blue and I had no idea it was that bad.

Goodbye girl.

P1000262.jpg

P1000271.jpg

015.jpg

003.jpg

Oh Matty I am in tears for you and Maisie, she was an adorable bundle of fluff. I am so very saddened to hear what has happened.

I am so so sorry to read this Matty. Such a shock but you did what was kindest for her and very brave of you to stay with her throughout.
So so sorry.
Binky free Maisie x

Thanks everyone. It was a tough day and she is very missed. I feel like Marvin initially took it very well (showed her Maisie's body and he didn't really acknowledge it) but now he seems like he's at more of a loss. He still seems happy enough though.

She is buried in my garden and I put a slab on the top and my ex came down with a candle to put on her crave.

Thanks everyone. It was a tough day and she is very missed. I feel like Marvin initially took it very well (showed her Maisie's body and he didn't really acknowledge it) but now he seems like he's at more of a loss. He still seems happy enough though.

She is buried in my garden and I put a slab on the top and my ex came down with a candle to put on her crave.

Oh Matty firstly I'm so sorry :cry:

Mini reacted in a very similar way in Thursday. She didn't really go up to Mischa's body and I thought 'oh she might be ok' but then Thursday evening and night (I didn't sleep all night) she just hid under the bed, at one point she wouldn't even have a treat. Parts of the day she perks up, other times she's back to being withdrawn. Big hugs for both of you. Xx

Back