• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie has gone .. Please help. So upset

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I've lost my Charlie bun, the sweetest softest bun!

I'm in holiday at the moment, only left yesterday. My mum phoned this morning to say Charlie hadn't come out for his Veg as usual. I told her to take him to the emergency vets, they tried to stabilise him but They had to Pts tonight :cry: my mum was saying the vet said about a parasite in the brain.. I guess EC? My mum said Charlie's head was tilted on the floor this morning when she went to look for him :cry:

Can it come on that quick? He was fine when I left yesterday lunchtime?
Are the others now at risk? Sooty, Oreo and mittens seem ok at the mo but I'm now worried about mittens as sooty and Oreo are an original pair and Charlie was her pal!

I can't stop crying.. I'm so so upset, the first bun I have lost and I'm not at home! :cry:

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: I think headtilt can come on quickly. I would Panacur the other buns. Binky free Charlie xx

Oh Darling.Im so sorry.This happened to Mindy the other day.
The thing is,EC causes things in the brain.Panacur can only prevent more happening, it cant put right whats already happened and it appears it was all a bit too much for your bunny.
You poor girl and being away from home is going to add to your grief.

Sending you a great big hug.Such a rotten world at times.:(

I am sorry :cry:

I would suggest that all three remaining Rabbits are given a 28 day course of Panacur. Could your Mum speak with the Vet about this tomorrow ?

RIP Charlie :cry:

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. :cry: I know what it's like to lose a bunny when you're not there. I've been through it twice :( I really understand how painful it is. *hugs* It gets easier I promise! It does sound like EC :( but he's at peace now. he had an amazing life and knows how much you loved him. :love: Stay strong. Xx

So sorry to hear about charlie :(

Truffle got head tilt a couple of weeks ago and the vet diagnosed E.C. She was fine, then 45 minutes later I noticed her circling and moving her head side to side....45 minutes after that she couldn't stand up at the vets. That's my only experience of it so I don't know what's normal, but it seems to me it can come on very quickly.

I'm so sorry Charlie had to be pts.

I am so sorry - he was a wonderful bun - he had a fantastic time with you and must have marvelled at how wonderful his life had suddenly become when he arrived with you.

Thank you.

Ive got to make a decision whether to get him back to bury him or have him cremated now! I wish I was there for him.
I think I will get him cremated, I think I want to remember him how he was when I left, happily snuggled up next to sooty.

How Are the others going to be now he is just missing, ideally I would have had him back to put in with them to say goodbye but he's miles away.

I also feel bad for my poor mum who had to deal with all this as well, she felt awful ringing me..

Why happen when I'm on holiday!!! They have all been well for years.
Praying for the other 3 To be ok! Mum is going to speak to vet tomorrow about them and getting panacur.

Thank you again everyone.

Back