• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help guys! Two gorgeous buns!

My honest opinion that you won't like?

Judging by the wire floor on the cage behind I would not give the breeder a penny/cent of my money and go to a breeder that has better set ups.

A good breeder would also be able to answer your question regarding which rabbits will suit your needs the most.

Good luck with what you decide.

My honest opinion that you won't like?

Judging by the wire floor on the cage behind I would not give the breeder a penny/cent of my money and go to a breeder that has better set ups.

A good breeder would also be able to answer your question regarding which rabbits will suit your needs the most.

Good luck with what you decide.

I've already answered the wire cage question on another post. She has boxes for them to be in with straw and hay. She's explained everything to me, now the decision is mine to make. Do I want two show rabbits now, or do I want the chance to get more tris out of a litter. She's shown me pictures of her set ups and they are great.

I dont understand the showing/breeding thing, but if you're most drawn to the harli have that one :thumb: you might live in regret if you get the other and always be thinking "What if I had the harli instead"

I hate everything about rabbit shows. The rabbits are treated as objects instead of living breathing creatures with feelings. I'm sorry but my opinion is get the buns you like the most, get them neutered and just enjoy watching them be bunnies.

I hate everything about rabbit shows. The rabbits are treated as objects instead of living breathing creatures with feelings. I'm sorry but my opinion is get the buns you like the most, get them neutered and just enjoy watching them be bunnies.

My show animals are not treated like that. I've shown for years and have loved every animal I had. These will be the same. They're pets first and show animals second. And I don't like the idea of neutering animals. It's dangerous and unnatural.

My show animals are not treated like that. I've shown for years and have loved every animal I had. These will be the same. They're pets first and show animals second. And I don't like the idea of neutering animals. It's dangerous and unnatural.

Too much wrong with this post... Just because you 'love' an animal, doesn't mean everything you are doing is in its best interests. A rabbit at a show can only be frightened, confused, uncomfortable and hungry (as I've seen they don't like to give hay because it'll mess them).

Society had evolved. Neutering may be 'unnatural' but then again, you are keeping a domesticated animal. Domestication in itself would be 'unnatural'. Neutering in rabbits calms their behaviour, prolongs their life and allows them to live happily with a life partner, without the stress and strains of producing multiple litters one after the other.

Neutering can be risky if the rabbit does have an underlying health issue but both mine came through it fine and I would say hundreds of rabbits here have come through it safely!!! Not to mention millions of cats and dogs all over the world since the procedures were perfected.

I usually don't reply to your posts because they just make me angry and I know the mods don't like it but I can't shut up on this one!!

It's the judges who treat them terribly, they have no idea how to handle rabbits properly, anyway I know I'm fighting a losing battle so I'll just stop now. But neutering rabbits prevents them getting testicular and uterine cancer, so generally it prolongs their lives. And these days it isn't dangerous at all, if your vet knows what he's doing. Just so you know :wave:

Excellent post :thumb: I didn't have time to write all that, but that would have been exactly it .
Too much wrong with this post... Just because you 'love' an animal, doesn't mean everything you are doing is in its best interests. A rabbit at a show can only be frightened, confused, uncomfortable and hungry (as I've seen they don't like to give hay because it'll mess them).

Society had evolved. Neutering may be 'unnatural' but then again, you are keeping a domesticated animal. Domestication in itself would be 'unnatural'. Neutering in rabbits calms their behaviour, prolongs their life and allows them to live happily with a life partner, without the stress and strains of producing multiple litters one after the other.

Neutering can be risky if the rabbit does have an underlying health issue but both mine came through it fine and I would say hundreds of rabbits here have come through it safely!!! Not to mention millions of cats and dogs all over the world since the procedures were perfected.

I usually don't reply to your posts because they just make me angry and I know the mods don't like it but I can't shut up on this one!!

Unless female rabbits can now have litters with other females, then I don't have to worry about litters just yet. You don't know me and you have no idea how shows happen over here. I've been to shows and so has this breeder and her animals are extremely healthy and happy. Its not even a sure thing I'll show, I'd like to, but I don't know about entry fees, or if they're show quality even. So you can keep your opinions to yourself about this. I wanted to know which rabbit you guys would pick, not your practices on keeping them. I am so close to leaving this site, you guys are rude and think you're better than everyone else. So you know what, screw you guys.

Have you ever even been to a proper rabbit show? I have, they have big cages, plenty of hay and water. They're not stressed, I've even seen a doe give birth at a show she wouldn't have done that if she were stressed. I know what I'm doing, I've shown rabbits before and they were just fine.

Have you ever even been to a proper rabbit show? I have, they have big cages, plenty of hay and water. They're not stressed, I've even seen a doe give birth at a show she wouldn't have done that if she were stressed. I know what I'm doing, I've shown rabbits before and they were just fine.

Extreme stress can bring on a birth in any species, humans included. Besides a doe cannot choose when she gives birth.

No one has been rude apart from maybe yourself, saying screw you is not too polite.

Neutering female rabbits is not just done to prevent breeding but also uterine cancer which is said to affect the majority of middle aged female rabbits and its almost certainly a death sentence. Therefore we feel prevention is the better option :)

Yes, but remember when I said I was going to breed these rabbits? Neutering them would completely go against that. You guys have been rude on a number of my posts before.

I dont know you, or the breeder you have bought your rabbits from, so this isn't directed to you personally, but a statement in general :)
In my opinion the problem with 'show' animals, which means not just rabbits, but also dogs, cats and numerous other animals is they are bred entirely for 'show' qualities. Everything has to conform to what the judges deem perfect, they are bred for these so called 'perfect' features and not for what is actually healthy for the animals concerned :(
And I'm sure you love your animals, but 'showing' is unnatural behaviour for the animal concerned, all that caging and traveling etc etc etc and I also think that all animals, which again means not just rabbits, but all animals should be neutered or castrated, it helps to keep them healthy and ultimately prolongs their life :):)

Yes, but remember when I said I was going to breed these rabbits? Neutering them would completely go against that. You guys have been rude on a number of my posts before.

I think that just because I person disagrees with you it doesn't make them rude. The majority of posts from other people seem quite civil. Unfortunately the rescues on here see the fallout from people not neutering their rabbits all the time, whether it is litters that people can't keep or the cancer that unspayed animals are left with.

With a rabbit savvy vet the risks from neutering are minimal, especially if it's done while they are young, fit and healthy. The benefits are seeing a rabbit's true personality, not one dictated by hormones, freedom from worry of cancer and the ability for pairs to enjoy companionship. Same sex rabbits will more than likely fight once they come into maturity. I have two unspayed girlies with whom bonding is tricky!

Good grief!!! :shock::shock::shock:that is cruelty in itself, that poor, poor rabbit, made to give birth at a show, what sort of a person would take a heavily pregnant rabbit to a show, that is just unbelievable :shock::shock: the poor animal must have been absolutely terrified

Back