• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bun's massive digging box!

I haven't shown you this yet! It's Tinkerbell and Hector's digging box. Made by my dad out of decking panels we had spare after taking up our decking as we're having an extension! :thumb: The wood was going spare so I suggested using it for a dig box and that's exactly what happened with it! :D It's 8ft x 2ft and the buns love it! Not only can they dig in there, but they can sunbathe up there and use it as a viewing platform! :lol: It's in their run which they have permanent access too. Bless them, they just love it and are sat up there every morning, and I love seeing all the tunnels they've dug! :love:

So here's some photos. :)

2012-09-09161917.jpg

2012-09-09161853.jpg

2012-09-09161904.jpg

Lord Hector. :lol:

2012-09-09163329.jpg

We buried 2 tunnels in the box, one completely covered, that they haven't found yet! :lol: And one that was only visible at one side, well they went in and dug their way out! :love:

The visible side:

2012-09-09161946.jpg

and where they dug out! :D

2012-09-09161950.jpg

They are currently digging away at another 'burrow', will be awesome if they manage to curve it round and join up with the hidden tunnel! Bet they could do it! :thumb:

That looks brill! I am planning something like this, not decided how to do it yet tho! Do they not throw soil everywhere when they dig?

They looked so chuffed with it.
Well done you for creating this for them.
Give yourself a pat on the back from me :lol:

Thank you so much everyone. It's so nice to read all your kind comments! :)

That looks brill! I am planning something like this, not decided how to do it yet tho! Do they not throw soil everywhere when they dig?

Thanks. :D Nope, they're quite tidy diggers! :lol: The box is pretty big so the soil they flick up tends to just land back in the box. :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone. It's so nice to read all your kind comments! :)

Thanks. :D Nope, they're quite tidy diggers! :lol: The box is pretty big so the soil they flick up tends to just land back in the box. :)

I think my plan now is to put mine under the hutch as my layout means its wasted space that the buns could make good use of :D so will be meshed anyway so will prob go someway to stopping soil taking flight :lol:

This looks amazing! :love:I wish i had room for something like this! What's in it, literally just earth from your garden?

Thank you! :D

This looks amazing! :love:I wish i had room for something like this! What's in it, literally just earth from your garden?

Thanks :) Yep, well we are having an extension so lost some of our garden! Meaning spare decking board for the box and spare soil from the flower beds! As it's straight out of the garden, the buns find things when they dig like leaves and plants (all safe for bunnies) It's so natural, they love it! :love: Bet there's a few worms in there too. :lol:

Back