• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the Aberdeen bunnies are here.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Well after a rather hectic day- first time I've sat down since 7 .30 this morning- we have 17 bunnies stashed around the house and stables.
More appear to be ion pretty good condition, a few fatties and a couple of mucky bums and matts. Unfortunately a male got in with a female this week so she is most likely pregnant, so I will be booking her in for an emergency spay, she seems a nice quiet girl ( a grey lionhead) so I hope she will cope with it after being so disrupted recently. Most are in hutches I'm comfortable with, although some are smaller than I would like ( the tiny bunnies are in them) and they are loving their hay.

Last edited:
Hi, yes we can accept donations via PayPal at sponsorship@halfpenny-farm.co.uk
However most of the rabbits are are not staying here, but are they are being rehomed via other rescues so you may want to donate to them once we know which ones are taking the rabbits. At the moment, collie lover is taking 1 and fairlybeloved rabbit care are taking 6, possibly more. Bunny burrows can take some but they need to be vaccinated first.

It's been a long day- got everybody fed, watered and put out before heading off at 10. Had a bit of faffing about but got the first 11 rabbits and most hutches home, Sionned, Ellie and i got the bunnies settled in our hutches, while Mike and Keiran dumped the old hutches. We had lunch, checked everybody and took the dogs out. Heading off again at 2, collected the last 2 hutches and 6 rabbits.
We got them unloaded, took in our buns, donkeys and goats. Then got rugs on the ponies, during which my friend arrived to decide on a bun for her widowed boy. Mike took the volunteers home and my friend and I checked bunny bums, clipped mats and Ebony's nails. Once my friend left, we rugged up the horses, got all the hay bales moved so we could get a tarpaulin over them, just before the rain started. Then took in the washing and put the quail to bd while mike put Xander the gander to bed. Off soon to do a final check around and feed tea to the beasts before getting to bed ourselves.
Can't believe the weekend is over!

Wow! You're amazing getting all that done!

Glad these bunnies are safe, they must think they're in heaven at your place.

Xxx

There is a fundariser for these bunnies in the fundraising section, please help Louise with all the extra expense, every penny counts, thanks

Hi, the bunnies have pretty much settled in well. They are loving their hay and I can see the personality in a few. Little Emo, now called Hugo, is a cheeky wee chap, Tyson now Domino is very quiet. Bubbles and Chloe are quite confident. I'm a wee bit worried about Jennifer, I was up a couple of times through the night due to her thumping, and she hasn't passed a lot of poohs, i'll see how she is tomorrow, she was probably in one of the worst situations, a low hutch and very little to see, so I guess she may be a bit overwhelmed.
The 2 grey girls, now Ola and Olga, have sussed out the ramp, Olga may be pregnant so is booked in to be spayed on Wednesday, I do not want to dump a pregnant rabbits on anybody else. Debbie is coming up to collect them in a couple of weeks ( to allow Olga to recover) and will take down those who have rescue spaces.
Hairy Mary and sister are now Clara and Martha, Martha is much brighter today, Clara is still quite but I think her eyesight isn't great ( Rew) and her movement isn't as fluid as the others.

It has been nice to see them chomping on hay and completely stretched out with room to relax.

There is a fundariser for these bunnies in the fundraising section, please help Louise with all the extra expense, every penny counts, thanks

Aww, thanks Theo. it is going to make it another tight month, I really should not have got involved but it was looking like they would be PTS and I couldn't let that happen.

Mistletoe, the rew nethie did a binky at breakfast time. She's only in a 4x 2 hutch but it's bigger than she's used to.:)

Awww bless, that's lovely to hear, now perhaps they can behave like proper bunnies :love::love::love:

Well done Louise, you have done something very special

Back