• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
How long should I leave it before starting to think about rebonding Mini? We're giving her lots of attention and changes of scenery at least once a day (the nice weather is helping as she can go out for a little while each day) to keep her stimulated but she doesn't seem cut out to be a single bunny. It'll definitely be another week before I can even start setting things up for it but is that too soon?

I don't think so, she will soon let you know if she isn't ready. Some buns are ready the next day whilst others can take months. Hope it goes smoothly when the time comes.

It can't be easy to have to think about this Schuey.

If Mini is coping, give yourslef time too. The 3 of them won't bond if your heart isn't in it, and i think deep down you know that :)

You need to be 100% and totally dedicated to it and ready for everything, so be fair to yourself too.

I left my little smudge about 8 weeks because she was poorly after little dudley died she wouldn't eat or drink she had to go to the vets twice I brought her into the house till she was eating and drinking normal again then I took her to BARC and she's all loved up again and happy :)

Thank you guys, food for thought.

I'm sitting on the landing at the moment with Mini whose coming in and out of the bedroom. She just went up to the lionheads' gate, Smudge came up and they sat there together for about five minutes. Nutmeg kept a watching brief from a couple of feet away but didn't make a fuss. I was expecting her to be over straight away reminding Smudge who his wifeybun is!

I know it's not neutral and I know it doesn't actually mean anything and I'm not getting my hopes up too much but it's nice that she's had a little bit of rabbit company.

Back