• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best flooring for a rex cross

willowflower27

Mama Doe
I recently moved my 2 rabbits inside as one has a poorly chest. Outside he spent most of his time on grass or dirt inside it's carpet & lino and i have notice his hocks are becoming red. I can't use anything like blankets or vet bed as he chews & eats these and with his chest I can't use wood shavings would megazorb work? Or is it not pliable enough any help appreciated I fix one problem only to cause another

a thick layer of megazorb would work, a thick layer of hay would be better. Blankets/fluffy bath mats/vetbed/a duvet would be good. Does he chew or actually eat them? Chewing is fine, just replace every now and again, very few buns actually eat it.

Think he eats some and after I lost my last rabbit to a bit of blanket in the stomach I don't want to risk it would it work if I buried the Duvet under vinyl or does the Duvet need to be under his feet. I may try megazorb first with a layer of hay

Back