• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Pippin is struggling with the new lino in the kitchen.

You have to be careful as dogs can injure their ligaments and need surgery to repair.

Try trimming the fur between his paw pads and around his paws so that he has more grip.

ETA forgot to say he is a beautiful pup

You have to be careful as dogs can injure their ligaments and need surgery to repair.

Try trimming the fur between his paw pads and around his paws so that he has more grip.

ETA forgot to say he is a beautiful pup

Thank you x The fur is trimmed right down round his paws and once we realised he is now playing fetch on the carpet.

Thank you x The fur is trimmed right down round his paws and once we realised he is now playing fetch on the carpet.

Sometimes they have fur between their paw pads which makes them slip, he should in time learn to walk more cautiously over flooring which is slippery some dogs learn to avoid it all together, or you get dogs like the ones I used to have who would carry their beds onto the floor lie on the bed and have one of the other dogs drag them around on it :lol:

ETA how are you getting on with the new food you brought is Pippin still loving it?

Sometimes they have fur between their paw pads which makes them slip, he should in time learn to walk more cautiously over flooring which is slippery some dogs learn to avoid it all together, or you get dogs like the ones I used to have who would carry their beds onto the floor lie on the bed and have one of the other dogs drag them around on it :lol:

ETA how are you getting on with the new food you brought is Pippin still loving it?

Aww, that is so cute. We were filming him chasing the new Mr Strong toy and out of habit threw it into the kitchen! Wee lamb didn't stand a chance. He is fine walking on it but does go full pelt every so often doing his doggy 500s and manages fine, I think it was trying to stop that snookered him.

The new food is great, I only bought wet and some of the tripe and duck liver treats. He loves the food but seems to have hungry and not hungry days. Some times three meals are nommed no bother but other days nothing is eaten. I am not changing our adding anything to tempt him because I really want him to have the proper food.

Aww, that is so cute. We were filming him chasing the new Mr Strong toy and out of habit threw it into the kitchen! Wee lamb didn't stand a chance. He is fine walking on it but does go full pelt every so often doing his doggy 500s and manages fine, I think it was trying to stop that snookered him.

The new food is great, I only bought wet and some of the tripe and duck liver treats. He loves the food but seems to have hungry and not hungry days. Some times three meals are nommed no bother but other days nothing is eaten. I am not changing our adding anything to tempt him because I really want him to have the proper food.

All the dogs I know love the taste of Orijen so he is getting the nicest tasting foods and with the wet you are adding he is a lucky boy, sometimes the feeding guides are too much for some dogs, I wouldn't keep changing foods to tempt either as you could end up with a fussy eater.

Back