• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gotta be grateful for luck! UD post 12

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I just found Sunny post choke- with food coming out of her nose and stuff (so my presumption is post choke, having seen Summer looking the same after her choking episode). Breathing fast but otherwise ok. Phew! Could have been so much worse.

Off to the vets in a bit obviously, but if she hadn't have cleared it herself she would have been dead with no chance of anything. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Gotta be grateful for luck!

Last edited:
Flip!! How scary! :cry:

Really glad she got it up!! She must have some bunny watching over her! :love:

Oh gosh, scary! :shock: I'm so glad Sunny is alive and (hopefully) none the worse for what just happened; the alternative really doesn't bear thinking about. :( Best of luck at the vet. xx

All these choking stories are starting to worry me! Think I need to stay put and watch them eat, aswell as learning what to do just incase!

How frightening. I would be in such a panic if mine ever choked.

Hope all went well at vets. x

Vets appt at 2.40. We were all on alert to trundle her down there as an emergency if she deteriorated but she is now back to breathing properly, but will still take her for a once over.

I have no idea what she's done because they finished the pellets (of which they only get very few) far before I left the room, so it must have be either hay, or a sneaky pellet she found, which is unlikely with three of them in there. So no idea but she's improved greatly and loved her trundle around outside, in the big run, to give her some fresh air and also to assess from a distance.

We got very lucky. Her lungs sound clear. Phew! Keep a close eye for a couple of days just incase anything develops but so far so 'good'.

We got very lucky. Her lungs sound clear. Phew! Keep a close eye for a couple of days just incase anything develops but so far so 'good'.

What a relief, after Hal's choke a few days ago I am now totally paranoid about it happening again.

What a relief, after Hal's choke a few days ago I am now totally paranoid about it happening again.

You're not wrong about the paranoia thing! I think what happened to you and Hal was horrific and it's only thanks to your quick thinking that he survived. So many others wouldn't.

Summer's one a few years ago, although not as bad as Hal's, was horrific. And then you sot of learn to adjust things to minimise the risk, but I have no idea what I can do to minimise things for Sunny, or any of the others. This could have happened at any time, to any of my bunnies. And I don't know why.

Back