• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no....

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Backstory: I moved to Stockholm a little over a week ago, leaving the rabbits behind temporarily. I've gone back to my mum's today and will be staying over the weekend & go back on Sunday.

Boris my wee boy has snuffles. I noticed before I left last week that he was acting a little....off. Couldn't quite put my finger on it. Since then I've been asking mum about him every day, if he's been sneezing or coughing etc. she's always said that no he doesn't.

Today I've come home to find that he's in quite a bad way :( His breathing is simply awful and his nose is running constantly. The discharge is clear & he's bright and active but I feel so horrible about this. I don't know how it's even possible for mum to have missed this, which leads me to believe that this has appeared suddenly (which it often does). He keeps his head quite high as if he struggles a bit to breathe :( He also appears to have lost some weight. I'm freaking out now as I have no clue what to do, have given him Septrin. It really looks like a full relapse of snuffles to me :cry: I always knew that he'd be more affected at this time of year as its so humid, but I'm so so worried now :( how am I gonna be able to leave him on Sunday knowing he's poorly!? I have plenty of Septrin left so I guess mum will just have to give it to him, but I'm panicking about this too. What if she gives him too much or too little....or forgets....:(

On a more positive note they are both super excited to see me, they have barely stopped grooming me all evening :love: but this has made me so worried & is definitely making me not want to go back :(

Oh how awful for you, I would feel exactly the same :( maybe your mum just didn't want to tell you as she knew you'd worry :( poor Boris. I hope he is feeling better by Sunday. Sending tons of vibes for him xx

Thanks. I'm going to ask mum about it tomorrow, it's possible that she has noticed but not said anything because she knew I'd worry. It's so crucial that he gets treated at an early stage though, the longer you wait the worse it gets :cry: I just knew the instant I saw him that he wasn't right. I think his eyes must be a wee bit runny too because I saw Bella cleaning them for him. My poor boy :cry: seeing him like this and knowing I'll soon have to leave him, it upsets me so much :cry:

Back