• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Libby

Leigh

Mama Doe
Just thought I'd let you know how Libby is doing now she's single.

She seemed to know straight away that duke was gone and within hours she was behaving notably differently with us, much more affectionate, lingering just a smidge longer for a stroke, she seems to want to be around us more so assume she is feeling a little lonely and without her husbun us hoomans will have to be enough for her.

Well that is until we sort ourselves out and will I'm sure be in touch fairly soon with a certain someone who frequents this forum and who probably knows who they are :)

But basically she is fine, not gone into stasis and we are all getting to know each other even better than before.

We are doing everything we can to keep her busy, letting her out much more and making her forage for things more, just distracting her as much as we can.

We have also had a slight curiosity as to whether she might be deaf for quite a while now but with duke here it was hard to tell. if we jingled the food pot he would come running but we quite often thought Libby just followed to see what he was up to - well now he doesn't come running and she can't follow him she doesn't react at all. We can walk into the room and stand there for minutes and she won't realise we are there until seemingly she actually sees us. If we make a loud enough noise she reacts, like call out to each other for something or if our dog barks but low level noises and even just general chatter levels she doesn't seem to respond to. We will continue to try and figure it out but it might explain why she is just so so chilled and frequently does side flops - if she can't hear everything she wouldn't have anything to be scared of to stay alert for.

I hope Libby continues to adjust to her new circumstances.

Is Libby a Lop ? If so then it may be that she has a build up of debris deep within her ear canals and this can obviously cause hearing loss. A Vet check would be a good idea as you cant always see a problem looking down the ear canal with the naked eye. This is especially true with Lops.

She is a lop. We have always wondered so not sure it could be a build up as it would have to have been built from day one if that makes sense. But I will bear in mind and at her next vet check mention it. :)

EDIT should say I think from memory she has had ear checks as part of routine check ups. Will monitor it. Thanks x

Last edited:
Hello, I wasn't aware you'd lost Duke, I'm sorry to see this. I remember when you was bonding them I had just adopted Gordon and was bonding him and Beano. Pleased to see Libby is doing well xx

Back